- Get two DVD or Blu-ray for £10 from our ‘2 For £10’ promotion on Amazon.co.uk Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In this stunning series Rick Stein continues on his culinary journey, leaving Marseille, where his French Odyssey ended and heading for the Mediterranean coastline. Travelling by ferry and road, Rick seeks out the elements that make Mediterranean cooking so special – the local ingredients bursting with sunshine; a respect for frugality and tradition and a sophistication derived from generations of growing and cooking a few key ingredients. From Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and Puglia to Corfu, Mallorca and Catalonia and on to Morocco and Turkey, Rick samples traditional recipes and local delicacies, revelling in an enormous culinary mosaic full of colour, taste and smell created by Arabs, Greeks, Italians, Spanish and Turks. Inspired by the culture, the cuisine and the landscape, Rick recreated his own delicious recipes that can be recreated at home, such as sautéed squid and chorizo salad, inspired by a visit to the Boqueria market in Barcelona; Mallorcan-style chicken with sobrasada; Sicilian fennel sausage; the traditional Moroccan dish of Kefta Mkaouara and Turkish Style flatbread, lahmacun.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If I can find a single fault with this it's that the series just wasn't long enough. I've already made several of the dishes from these programs and they are so delicious. You won't want to spend out on a take-away when you can follow Rick's recipes.
As with his other series, each program is also a travelogue, and a unique "meet the people" journey. Well done Rick, love this as much as the others.
If you are stuck indoors on a typical British summers day, listening to the rain beating on the windows, you couldn't do better than to lose yourself in this sumptuous collage of Mediterranean scenery, rustic villages, vibrant atmosphere, blue skies, sea, sun, and fantastic food. It's enough to lift the summertime blues!
Most recent customer reviews