on 23 January 2010
I loved the Richard Scarry books I had growing up (born early 70s in USA) and was excited to find this for my son. I bought it for my 4-yr-old, who loves it, but my 6-yr-old enjoys it, too.

We like reading the stories together but when the kids have time on their own to look at the pictures they spend several minutes poring over each page as there's so much to see and so many details to notice. As they get older they'll be able to read the labels all over the pictures, too, which will effortlessly increase their vocabulary-- always a good thing, in my view!
on 15 August 2005
My children love all the details in the Richard Scarry books and loved this one. Its a nice simple but quirky story and the pictures are lovely and there is lots to talk about
on 30 October 2008
If you would like an entertaining read with your little one/s, then any Richard Scarry book is for you.
They are all funny stories with so much to look at and talk about and will ensure that the book will be read time and time again.
My Godparents bought me 2 Richard Scarry books when I was 4 and I have just passed them on to my Nephew (aged 4) and he is already hooked!
on 22 January 2014
I have bought this for my daughter (aged 3) to help her understand what will happen at the airport when we have to fly long-haul later in the year.

Like all Richard Scarry books there is loads going on in the pictures. I love the cars parked upside down in the multistorey!
on 15 September 2013
Great book especially to take with you to the airport. My child is 3.5 yrs old and she we were talking about the different areas and vehicles and buildings you find there. Highly recommended
on 26 February 2016
My 2 year old boy absolutely ADORES this book! Every day he asks for it, he calls it the "Airbook". He is completely fascinated by all the different parts of the airport and how Rudolf the fox is so naughty taking his plane inside the terminal. He loves looking at all the little details: how Hilda Hippo tries to take all her furniture on the plane, how Mr Frumble is chasing his hat on every page, all the different shops with toys, books, clocks (a raccoon carrying away a grandfather click over his shoulder) and groceries (Bananas Gorilla being good for once and only buying ONE banana ). He loves the sequence of events and all the preparations that have to be made to ready a plane for take off. His vocabulary has expanded: "Follow-me- car", "runway", "control tower". His favourite page is Rudolf huge balloon, he always points to it and says "Pop!" as he recalls the ending where Rudolf takes the cat children home and snags his balloon on their weather vane. Immensely educational and hugely fun.
on 9 November 2005
This is excellent fun which my 4 year old and I really enjoy reading and looking at. The story is really quite silly, and there is so much to comment on. Look out for the pig and the hat, on almost every page ... I can hear my son laughing even thinking about it.
on 1 February 2014
I bought this for a 4 year old boy who is going to New Zealand next month and it is just brilliant to explain in childs terms what is happening when you leave to fly He loves it Good even if you are not flying!!
on 5 January 2014
My grandsons have most of these books now and just love them. Plenty to talk about with them when looking through the
pictures together.
on 17 June 2012
I don't really understand why she loves it, but if I try to read any other book at night, she spits out the bottle and demands "airport". She's not even looking at the pictures which are 90% of the book; the narrative is minimal. Look out for the dog who is walking... another dog!??? My mum has a pile of Richard Scarry books in the attic from when I was a toddler, so this love of nonesense must run in families.