on 16 August 2009
This book could really change your whole investment strategy providing a detailed insight into how gold and silver could generate fantastic returns over the next decade.

The book details the history of gold and silver as money over thousands of years, and explains how the current bull markets in gold and silver could soon lead to prices increasing dramatically. At the time of writing this review gold is priced at around $950 an ounce and silver at around $14.70 an ounce. The book explains how the last gold and silver bull markets led to prices of around $850 and $50 in 1980 which, when adjusted for inflation, would be around $2,500 and $150 at today's prices.

The book also covers how to invest in gold and silver explaining why holding physical gold and silver is preferable to Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
on 23 January 2014
good but not much depth. Suitable for someone new to gold and silver but not much detail, like most of the Rich Dad books
on 12 June 2014
Incredible insight into the financial markets. Well explained and easy to follow. A must read for anyone trying to further their financial education.
on 28 January 2010
Good history lesson of precious metals verses fiat currencies. Including lessons about economics such as inflation, interest rates, etc. Easy to read. It then uses a reasoning that is very common with many investors (look at economic doom and gloom web sites). We should buy gold and silver because there has been a huge printing of money in a short space of time and this will finish the US dollar - there will be a move off fiat current and onto physically backed currency. This is not new information to this book. All in all this book offers no new information but puts alot of good existing information into an easy to read package.
on 10 February 2012
A whole string of events lead me to this book. I would say that the information in this innocent looking £8.50 book is worth quite a few gold bullion bars for any person/family looking to make a change to their Finances.

First of all, if you're thinking of buying this book.... do it.
It's primary focus is educating you on the underlying problem - the fundamental flaws - of our current monetary system. This should scare you into assessing your entire financial state of affairs. "Scare" is not meant to be too emotive in the dramatic sense - but if it alarms you into action by assessing your financial goals, reducing your debt and looking into investments and of course, investing into educating yourself out of financial illiteracy... then you will be the better for it. Because of this book, I have initiated a 5 year plan for my family - and an investment in precious metals is a plan we want to implement within 12 months. Before this book, I'd not even considered it as a viable investment vehicle nor was even aware of it's economic underpinnings to the wider financial markets. This will open your eyes and the space between your ears.

Secondly, the book is an excellent historical lesson into money and how we got to the state we are in as of now. I'd previously read one book on this topic and found that book quite intense and full of jargon. THIS BOOK speaks to the every day person - you and me - and makes it simple to understand why Gold and Silver are important to invest in. The first 2 parts of the book are devoted to this History Lesson that takes you to a point where the Historical Background is ready to arm you with a Strategic Foreground, or Plan, for you to take action with. It gives you a necessary reason or "WHY" that will inspire you to take action.

Thirdly, the last part of the book reveals an absolute gold nugget of a plan, ratios to look out for and websites to check out. Look beyond the marketing and assess it with your own situation. Whilst the affiliation with the Rich Dad books is mentioned briefly, I would say that Michael Maloney has written a superb stand-alone book that will appeal to the most basic of financial minds - ie. people like me - and spell out in clear concepts and wrapped within an entertaining story that is almost a page turning thriller. The most foreboding part of the thriller however, is that it is REAL LIFE. And it will affect all of us.

So arm yourself with some knowledge. Get this book, if not for yourself then for your family. I have, and I haven't looked back.
on 3 September 2010
I have been actively involved in and researching the pm market for nearly 8 years. This is the book I would have written myself if my knowledge and resources had allowed. Unlike Michael Maloney, I am not 100% invested in the market - I have but 80% of my investments in this market. The thing is, the % keeps growing and growing all by itself, - I don't have to do anything. If you are smart enough to work out what I mean in that last sentence then you are probably smart enough to read (and more importantly, act on) this excellent book.
on 21 December 2008
I give this book 5 stars, bought it mostly because it has such great reviews on the American Amazon.

Takes you through step by step how we came to the current point in the economy with good reasoning as to why now is the ideal time to be investing in gold and silver. Goes through the ways you can invest in the precious metals, the pitfalls you may come across, great websites to start from for your own due diligence. Best of all it's so simple to read and understand. Very good jumping off point. The only draw back is that it is very much directed at an American audience, which as we are a global market shouldn't matter too much, just need to think outside the box when he talks about coins and the context of the 'economy' which is basically the Fed etc.

I recommend after this Tomorrow's Gold by Marc Faber for some more advance reading.
on 10 November 2010
I have read, listened to and played various Rich Dad Series games, books, cds and as always the information is pertinent to today. This particular Guide to Investing in Gold & Silver has given me a better insight into what to do with my cash. Once again, many thanks Rich Dad & advisors for continually helping us to raise our financial IQ.
on 8 August 2011
I found this book a fantastic read. It provides plenty of background information and details on how gold and silver has performed in history. As somebody who is first getting into commodities, this book provided a brilliant starting point with a great amount of information packed into an interesting read.

My only criticism is that the book can be highly opinionated and shamelessly plugs other books in the series and websites as 'must use' and 'mandatory'.

Other than that, if you're thinking about buying into Gold and Silver buy this book first!
on 7 December 2010
This is an easy read outlining the historical reasons for owning gold and silver, why it is still a good idea to own it and why it could be a really good idea to own it in the not too distant future. Useful section on numismatics. The paper investments won't necessarily work outside the USA, but having physical gold and silver in your possession works everywhere.