- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
To Rhyme Or Not To Rhyme: Teaching Children to Write Poetry Paperback – 6 Oct 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
As far as texts aimed at teachers are concerned, Sandy Brownjohn's To Rhyme or Not to Rhyme? still takes some beating for use in the Y7 classroom. (The Secondary English Magazine 2000-12-01)
This is an omnibus edition of Brownjohn's three previous books on teaching children to write poetry. The book contains new chapters (including one on drafting) and poems.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book has inspired 100's of my poetry, and grammar, lessons. She uses poetry games, types of poems that are familiar and not so familiar - Haiku, Kennings and even obituaries! With notes on how to use them, and examples of childrens work throughout.
With 3 sections to take you through the year, although not cross referenced to the National Curriculum and Literacy Strategy, it is really easy to find what you need. I use it all the time.
Invaluable, if you only buy one book to help you teach poetry, this should be it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Curriculum Planning & Development
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Primary
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Secondary
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > Literacy
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism
- Books > Reference > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Publishing & Books > Literacy
- Books > Reference > Writing > Poetry
- Books > School Books > Primary
- Books > School Books > Secondary
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies