Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Trauma at a Glance Paperback – 21 Oct 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Trauma at a Glance is the new edition of The Musculoskeletal System at a Glance. The book now includes not just basic anatomy, but also features presenting complaints and patient examination and reflects the increased coverage of rheumatology, making it relevant for students at all levels.
Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Trauma at a Glance:
- Expands its coverage of rheumatology to include all major topics on the medical student curriculum
- Includes fully illustrated chapters on examination of each part of the musculoskeletal system
- Provides self–assessment case studies to test knowledge and provide clinical context
- Consolidates all information relating to the musculoskeletal system in one title
Rheumatology, Orthopaedics and Trauma at a Glance is ideal for all medical students studying the musculoskeletal system or taking an orthopaedics or rheumatology rotation.
About the Author
Catherine Swales is Clinical Lecturer in Rheumatology at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford
Christopher Bulstrode is Emeritus Professor in Trauma and Orthopaedics at the University of Oxford
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Half of this book was irrelevant to me, and part that was relevant wasn't given enough room to explain anything. Why do topics like a Immunology and Genetics get their own books, but Rheumatology and Orthopaedics do not?
Similarly, I never trust a doctor with one of those big fat handbooks. They are fine for details of management, but don't tell you WHY and there are never any pictures. Like most people, I am a visual learner and I need good diagrams.
What I do want is a book where someone else - an expert in the subject and an experienced teacher - has sorted through the chaff. I want a book that explains the principles with diagrams and delivers the key points in a form that I can easily understand, and this book delivers in spades.
This book has a broad range of appeal - for medical students but also nursing staff working on orthopaedic wards and foundation year doctors/ interns who are about to start a term in orthopaedics.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Rheumatology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Orthopaedic & Fractures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Orthopaedic & Fractures