Revolutionary Empire: Rise of the English-speaking Empire from the Fifteenth Century to the 1780's Paperback – 3 Sep 1998
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Revolutionary Empire is the most ambitous and original attempt for years to tell the story of the early phases of first English, then British expansion in these islands and throughout the world.
Top Customer Reviews
Important questions. They are addressed with a focus on fact rather than a preconceived narrative. Calder does well to `follow the money' and show the evidence though which he sorts reality from (often familiar) fiction.
This leads to the only weakness of the book - the detail slows the pace, making the result hard work in places. Still, the effort brings many a reward.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism