on 20 December 2011
These are a great set of books full of useful revision questions (but bear in mind, they are NOT books of revision TIPS)
on 19 April 2012
Bought this with the 'guide' as well. I am only a dad but I actually understood the guide.... so it must be good.
my daughter won't admit liking any revision material at all....but I did see her reading both books ....wow...
maybe we won't be looking at a grade 'E' after all.GCSE Mathematics Edexcel Spec A Higher Revision Workbook (GCSE Maths Edexcel 2010)
on 1 January 2016
Bought for my children to aid their revision. Very good resource for revising for your GCSE's. The school recommended them to the children and the children said that these books are great. Recommended!
on 8 June 2013
this workbook is really good, it has exam style questions so your already familiar with the exam also it has an actual calculator and non-calculator exam at the back which is really helpful for practice.the revision and workbook pages match up which i thought was really smart. it has questions that are guided which is really good also it has little tips on the side that most people would struggle on.however on the down side, the answers are not explained on how you got to that answer so you do not know where you were at fault also some answers are not accurate.the fact that they made mistakes with the answers was really irritating as i was positive i got the answer right and was not sure how it could be wrong i then had to check with my maths teacher who said i was right. and this was not just with one question i had to check with him with a few and again my maths teacher said i was right and the book was wrong.
overall i really like the book and am still using it but the little mistakes are a let down.
on 19 October 2015
I like this book. It is so useful to look up a topic with a pupil to show them what kind of questions are asked in the exam, what grade they are worth and how many marks the questions usually carry on the exam paper. It is also easy to quickly assess whether it needs to be revised or not by trying the questions. I have a lot of these kind of books and this is the one I pick up the most with my pupils.
on 13 June 2012
I absolutely loved this product, it was cheap and it helped me through my math exams, I being serious when I say this, I bought this product as well as the revision book and I didn't have to dig up my 2 years worth of notes, and its really easy to understand, if you were to learn everything my heart in this book you would be guaranteed an A* because i's a book that been written by Edexel themselves, but with the new syllabus some things might have changed so if you do consider buying this product try to find a more recent one if not this one will do just fine.
on 11 February 2015
If you want to revise GCSE Mathematics Higher; this is one of the booklet that you have to obtain. It is a fantastic progress checker, and, it provides you with the means of being able to see the answers to all of the questions, whilst, providing good hints to help solve your questions.
on 21 June 2012
It was okay but it wasn't clear enough. Also they didn't show how to get answers to questions, they just give the answers at the back of the book. For someone aiming higher like I am, I would suggest GCSE Mathematics Edexcel 2010: Spec B Practice Book Targeting A and A*, I would suggest this product: (GCSE Maths Edexcel 2010)
on 27 April 2015
I was given this and the revision guide, by a tuition centre. To try and self teach your self some of these topics are very overhwelming and these books to do not really help at all they use technical terms that you may not know. There is no glossary. The explanation is extremely brief. I would only recommend these books if you've been taught the topic if not invest in the CGP complete revision and practice book as its very informative and less formal making it easier to understand at times.
review image
on 10 June 2014
this contains all the edexcel maths topics in the exact same style as the exams. it also comes with practice exam papers at the back, so is extremely helpful in giving you a estimate of your progress.