2,274
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 October 2013
Over the last few years I have dreaded Martina's yearly books whilst I opened each one with hope that she had at last gotten her mo Jo back I was disappointed with the mediocre quality of the books she churned out.

Revenge i am happy to say is Martina Cole nearly at her best once again! I found myself completely immersed in the story and could not put this book down! I won't spoil the story for anyone but I found the whole book riveting and the who dunnit element a real guessing game, she set the story perfectly and you are left thinking just who would dare to come after the Flynn's.

The characters were strong and there were some points where I truly was shocked at the turn of the story.

Her books in the last couple of years seemed to pad out a lot of the story and she often repeated her story and characters points of view over and over until you were at screaming point, except for some chapters at the end of this book that just stop me giving the book the full 5 stars MC refrained from doing this and the strength of her writing shines through! Like I say except for near the end when she seemed to lose the story a little this book reminds me of Martina's early work and I am really glad I didn't give up on her!

A great read that will keep you up into the dead of the night.... Enjoy!
22 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2013
Martine write with such integrity and grit you feel like your stood at the side of the characters living and breathing there every moment I laughed cried jumped and gasped with horror fabulous thank you!
on 31 October 2013
This is Martina Cole back to her best. I loved this book from start to finish, couldn't put it down. I honestly never knew what the outcome was going to be and I hope there's a follow up. So if your reading this Martina there needs to be a follow up. Absolutely brilliant book. Back on her throne and hopefully there to stay if she writes another one like this.
on 9 November 2013
As per usual with Martina Cole's books, i could not put this one down, lives up to expectation, only problem will have to wait another year for her next book.
on 28 October 2013
Another brilliant thriller from Martina Cole. She builds the tension carefully until the reader is breathless. As usual, the characters are well drawn and believable. I hope to hear more about Michael Flynn.
on 22 January 2015
Oh my word! What a terrible book! I've never read one of Cole's books before and I won't be doing it again. I don't doubt that at some point she was turning out highly readable books, judging by her sales figures, but this ain't one of them. Repetitive, absurd dialogue, unbelievable characters and almost a 'cut and paste' from other gangster books/films. Nothing original, no sense of time/place, just a tick list of what 'gangsters' might do/say. I skimmed page after page looking for the story, what a waste of time. Where was the editor? The constant repeating of various characters' traits was as shocking as it was lazy. Awful book.
on 20 December 2013
Please stop writing books, you are just exploiting the fans year after year. This book is just copy and paste page after page with no story line or point to any of it. What happened to the lady that wrote "faceless" and "two women"???? Terrible..
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 December 2013
A fairly predictable gangster story but quite entertaining. If you haven't identified the bad guy by 25% through the book you are not concentrating. But - to my mind the whole book is ruined by foul language. Yes I know that the author is probably trying to replicate the way that London gangsters talk and think but 9 (yes nine) F's & C's in one paragraph is simply offensive. No, I'm not a prude but a retired builder so I know all about swearing but I really can't see the point of countless swear words - particularly the C word - littering the story. My first, and last, Martina Cole download. As my old mother would have said "wash your mouth out with soap and water".
1212 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2013
Excellent book. Really difficult to put down. Read it in 2 days. Fabulous storylines. Liked that loose ends were also tied up.
on 20 May 2014
I have every book Martina Cole has written. Loved the early ones but the last three or four - diabolical. I will not be buying anymore. Thought a few times that it wasn't even her who wrote it. Have a rest Martina and get back to your old ways. This one was the worst .