Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Return Man forum

The Return Man by V.M. Zito

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2011 20:38:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Dec 2011 20:50:47 GMT
I was searching on the web one day for various zombie stuff. Stumbled upon this online zombie story. It was free so I started reading. I was hooked immediately. This was not just another horde of undead and a group of survivors this one was different. Every day I would go on the website checking to see if the next chapter had been uploaded. Then one day the oddest thing happened. The next chapter was no longer available. A publisher had offered to put the book into print. Being an avid reader I was happy and sad at the same time. Someday I would get a chance to buy the book but that someday was way off in 2012. Being a true fan I kept in touch on the blog, shared my enthusiasm and ended up somehow getting an adavance copy. I can't put it down, I've re-read past where the online free story stopped and I'm on to the new stuff. It has me hungering for more as if I was a zombie and it was a brain. I'm cooking simple dinners just to have more time to read. This is not common for me. If you like zombie stories, order this book. If you like zombie stories and are tired of the "usual" zombie story, order this book. If you never thought you could possibly like a zombie story, order this book. It will not let you down. Although I have yet to see if I am happy with how it ends I am very happy with how it is going.

P Buchholz Warren MI

Posted on 15 Dec 2011 21:36:31 GMT
I've gotta say, I haven't come across a zombie story so satisfyingly raw and heart-breaking in years! Zito has crafted a unique tale here, one that encompasses both a single man and the entire world; one broken heart and the fate of humanity.

There wasn't a single page where Dr. Marco didn't feel as real as anyone I've ever met; angry, sad, scared, hurt...he could've been seated next to me, telling me the story himself.

The gore was realistic, not gratuitous.
The pain was poignant, not campy.
The twists were shocking, not predictable.

For a few golden hours, a world ruled by the undead (and worse) was unsettlingly real.

If you like zombie movies, books, or games, a copy of 'The Return Man' is an absolute must-have!

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 23:42:45 GMT
K. Patterson says:
I don't really get excited by the idea of a zombie apocalypse in the same way many people seem to do. The zombie phase passed me by, much in the same way as the vampire phase and the boy wizard phase passed by before that. I've seen the Romero trilogy and 28 Days Later and Shaun Of The Dead, but haven't been bothered enough to watch any of the modern re-treads or re-vamps.

If you've seen those films or shows, you'll probably enjoy this. The story is straightforward, the characters are cut from similar archetypes you'll find in any action movie and there are plenty of explosions and maimed/ maiming undead. The action is probably the stand-out criticism for me: There's too much happening sometimes and it isn't well-written enough to remember who's trying to eviscerate who.

I won't say I hated reading The Return Man because it was a diverting way to spend a week of bus journeys; I doubt I'd have paid money for it and I doubt I'll be looking for V.M. Zito's work in future though

Posted on 12 Jan 2012 02:19:18 GMT
I'm going to keep this short, simple, and sweet for the ones you don't like reading long reviews. If you like anything zombie-related you'll love this book. If you like anything horror-related, you will most certainly like this book. If you love reading and are looking for a book with an enticingly mysterious plot that will have you constantly trying to find out what's going to happen, and will keep you at the edge of your seat (or from wherever you're reading), then this book is definitely for you. Trust me when I say this, YOU WILL LOVE IT, even if though can cause you to never put it down after you start reading it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Return Man forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  5 Dec 2011
Latest post:  12 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Return Man
The Return Man by V. M. Zito (Paperback - 29 Mar. 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars (66)