Rethinking the Industrial Revolution: Five Centuries of Transition from Agrarian to Industrial Capitalism in England : Historical Materialism, Volume 49 Paperback – 21 Aug 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
[...] the effort of reading through this tome has been worthwhile. An attempt to apply the Brenner thesis to the development of capitalist industry the work is in fact an impressively erudite and up-to-date Marxist review of English economic and political history from the 14th to the 19th century. [...] the author's analysis is based on an impressive and up-to-date bibliography. Henry Heller, The University of Manitoba, in: The Free Library --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Michael Andrew molek, Ph.D. (2009, York University) teaches World History and International Studies at the University of Iowa, having previously taught at the University of Dubuque. His published articles explore environmental problems, development issues and the origin of capitalism. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Industrial Revolution
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Queen Anne, Georgian, Victorian 1701-1901
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 16th-18th Centuries
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 19th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Enlightenment, Revolution & Empire 1751-1900
- Books > History > Political History > Marxism & Communism
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Industrialisation
- Books > History > World History > 1751-1900