on 13 October 2014
My first impressions of this (Result Horizon jacket) are good. When I've had time to try it out for a few months, I'll do a further review.

In the mean time: the size is good and fits well. It has a few pockets both inside (3) and outside (4) - these are of good size and conveniently positioned. The zips and buttons seem sturdy and it came with a spare button and a spare popper button!

A nice feature is that the nape (bit around the neck) is lined with fleecey material, which makes it more comfortable.

Another good thing is that it is fairly light - it's not super-light, but neither is it overly heavy or uncomfortable to wear. The weight is about right for what I wanted (a jacket which is waterproof, but not some snow-survival type thing). I don't find it too hot whilst cycling (and some clothes make me very hot and cause sweating - this hasn't so far). That said, it's also not cold - I stayed at a comfortable temperature whilst wearing it.

The hood is worth mentioning - it's got elasticated things to draw it in, is sufficiently large and reasonably thick (couple of laters of the material). It's good, but having it rolled up into the neck compartment for it is not comfortable - I tend to wear the hood out rather than rolled in. The hood can be taken off though. It's good that it has the face-flaps on it which cover a large section of the face: for me, from under chin to partway over nose).

What about waterproofing? I've been through a couple of heavy showers (as in, actually fairly heavy rain) earlier today - trousers got wet but under the jacket stayed completely dry, and the jacket dried off afterwards reasonably quickly. So, it does seem to be quite waterproof - the rain was being blown right into me for a good 10 - 15 minutes.

Conclusion - appears actually waterproof (rather than showerproof - anything like that just soaks through under heavy rain - it's why I bought the jacket), not too hot, lots of space for clothing underneath is high levels of warmth are necessary but not too cold on its own. Size is good, pockets are nice and easily accessible, seems well made.
on 24 November 2013
Windproof and waterproof. Very nice red colour. Minimal heat insulation, so wear an extra layer under it in cold weather.

The hood rolled up takes considerable space in the collar and prevents zipping all the way to the top. I suppose you can let the hood hang or might even need to wear it if you need to zip up all the way.

Comfortably oversized so as to fit over multiple warm layers of clothing.
The zip-in R115 add-on fleece layer makes the jacket a bit akward to put on and off, so consider alternative independent warm layers.

I found that greasy dirt (as from handling/carrying a bicycle) is impossible to clean, which is a shame.
on 14 November 2014
A strong coat for bad weather. Warm to wear and can be worn over a lightweight fleece. I bought 'one size up' from my normal (L up to XL) and this gives more room, however, I wouldn't advise this unless you are tall and need longer arm lengths.
The hood can be removed, which is just as well, becaiuse when rolled up inside the collar it feels very uncomfortable.
Overall am very pleased with it.
on 25 September 2013
this is a great quality jacket,ordered an xxl afew weeks ago which is a bit big, but was that impressed with it ordered another but this time xl which is perfect, very generous fit but only order right size for you, good quality material hood in collar plenty of pockets, ideal coat for the winter and very quick delivery thank you.
on 13 August 2014
I was very pleased with the styling of this coat, looks really nice, fitted me as I expected, ( I am 48 chest ), the material is very strong, for a light jacket, exactly what I wanted, a light, nice looking waterproof, that folds up small to keep in a backpack ready for the unexpected!! The hood is nice too, not just a flimsy thin bit of plastic. I would buy another if needed, without any worries.
on 29 April 2016
Clearly an excellent jacket however it was far too big. I would normally wear an XL size but in this instance a L would suffice. I have now ordered a large and will return the XL and will review once I've had the opportunity to put the jacket to the sword.
Ok, have now worn the size L in anger and the jacket didn't disappoint. I endured a rainstorm which put this jacket to a good test and I'm pleased to say I stayed dry.There are six pockets in total and a nice soft collar, the material is a sort of ripstop and there is sufficient give to allow for easy movement if you're working (which I was). The negative points are that the hood is uncomfortable when rolled inside the collar but is easily removed and two of the pockets slant backwards which make them difficult to use but this really is nit picking. I would add that even though it was necessary to come down a size there is still enough room for a lightweight fleece for winter use and for value for money I would thoroughly recommend this product.
on 1 May 2016
Good fit with plenty of room to put a fleece underneath it. It has a 2 way zip which is not found on many jackets these days, including the more expensive jackets. It has 4 outside pockets, a zipped inside pocket, a velcro fastened phone pocket and a cargo style inside pocket. Amazing value for money, really pleased with it.
on 14 November 2013
Very good jacket, has numerous pockets and not too bulky. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good less expesnive waterproof jacket
on 26 February 2016
Rugged and versatile construction with a great fit. Buy this coat with confidence at a fraction of the cost of more expensive (so called high end) brands. Hood is a tad bulky when enclosed within the collar, but this is a very minor gripe. Very pleased.
on 4 September 2014
This jacket is exaclty what I wanted and it didnt disappoint when I unwrapped it. In fact it is fair to say it exceeded my expectations with shape and fit. Great product and I totally recommend it to anyone needed a value for money waterproof jacket for outdoor activities.

See one answered question