- Audio CD (3 Dec. 2012)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Lake
- ASIN: B009LDMHXK
- Other Editions: Audio CD
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 121,357 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Rent Party: Harking Back With Hump
|Price:||£15.92 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
When Humphrey Lyttelton introduced a saxophone into his band in 1954 it produced howls of protest from the Traditional Jazz fraternity. It marked Humph's move away from the early forms of Jazz into Mainstream. Many fans never forgave him, but in many ways in his long career as a bandleader and as a broadcaster Humph never completely deserted his roots. This CD which was recorded in 1991 sees him returned to a Trad style with a pick-up band. He is joined by the first clarinetist from his early band, Wally Fawkes (the cartoonist 'Trog') and another former band member, Stan Greig. The other musicians are culled from the more recent Jazz scene and represent some of its best players. The programme consists of a few Jazz standards, a few Jazz rarities and a smattering of Humph's own compositions. The Cd demonstrates admirably that Humph had lost none of his flair for the free-wheeling, foot-stomping Jazz of his early days.