- Please note, this product comes with a European 2-pin plug but is safe to use in a UK bathroom shaver socket or with a UK adapter.
- Also check our best rated Electric Shaver reviews
- Also check our best rated Lady Shaver reviews
- Visit the Men's Grooming Store to explore the full range of grooming products including electric shavers, razors, beard trimmers and hair clippers, from brands including Braun, Philips Gillette and Remington.
Remington F7790 Comfort 360 Foil Shaver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Titanium-coated foils--300 per cent harder and 45 per cent smoother than steel foils
- Flex and Pivot technology and three super-flexing foils for a faster and closer shave
- Universal voltage is mains/ rechargeable with up to 60 minutes usage time and five minute quick charge
- Digital battery level indicator and four position slide-up trimmer--lock, intercept, trim and off--for detailing
- Comes with charging stand, storage pouch, cleaning brush and two year guarantee
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
The Remington F7790 Comfort 360 Foil Shaver boasts innovative Flex and Pivot Technology which carefully follows the contours of your skin, sculpting around your face for a smooth, dry shave. It boasts super hard-wearing titanium-coated foils and a smart digital display for a sleek shaver that will leave your skin fuzz-free and irresistibly smooth.
No more fuzz friction
The F7790 uses super hard-wearing titanium-coated foils that are 300 per cent harder than standard Remington steel foils. This upgrade in quality ensures the shaver performs to the very highest standard for long-lasting cutting excellence.
Three super-flexing foils work synergistically to give you the best contact with your skin. This innovative Flex and Pivot technology ensures a permanent contact with the skin for a close shave for fast and smooth results. While the multi-directional pivoting head adjusts easily and freely to your neck, chin and jaw line.
And achieve real attention to detail with the handy multi-position trimmer. This boasts four positions--lock, intercept, trim and off--and these are easily selected with the slide-up switch.
Countdown the charge with the digital display
Getting started is easy too. When fully charged you’ll have 60 minutes shaving time. And for emergency stubble trouble there’s also a quick five minute charge function. Not that you need to keep an eye on the clock as the digital display indicator let lets you know how much shaving time you have left.
Easy to use and looks good
As well as the digital display, the sleek black design helps the F7790 look the part and the rubberised grip gives you complete control. It comes with a stylish charge stand making a smart addition to your bathroom and is mains/ rechargeable. For grooming away from home, the universal voltage helps you keep clean-shaven wherever you are in the world.
It's fully washable with a cleaning brush to help maintain it at optimum performance. And is also accompanied by a travel pouch for guys on the go and a two year guarantee.
Tips for outstanding results
Remington has been helping the world get ready for over 70 years. Since launching the world’s first electric shaver, they’ve been at the cutting edge of technology and are recognised as true innovators and experts in shaving and grooming, with products that deliver superior results every time. Remington’s products will have you looking and feeling so good that you’re ready for anything--it’s that all important last look in the mirror before you step out into the world. Gentleman, start your engines.
Top customer reviews
Of the three, this is the one that I used most. Here are the reasons why:
* Dealt with my mustache the best out of the three. The Philips circular heads made it difficult to know which bits you were shaving when. The Braun really struggled with my mustache (I do have thick hair) but this didn't have any difficulty with my mustache.
* QUickest of the three when shaving the rest of the face, even if not the closest shave of the three. The closest shave was provided by the Philips, but I didn't like the philips because, as mentioned above it struggled with mustache, also the circular blades means you aren't quite sure how close to the sideburns and chin-beard you can go. There is a trimmer for the Philips, but it is very noisy and very ineffective (and requires you to remove the shave heads first!).
* It has three shave foils, while the Braun only has one. The Braun suggests it has a middle shaver which is supposed to help trim longer hairs (i.e. so you can go without shaving on the weekend). However, I found the middle section only butchered my face when I pressed down too hard to try and get a close shave. Also because of the middle bit of the Braun, when shaving your mustache you can only rely on one shave foil for the mustache, while with the Remington you have at least 2 of the three shaving you at any given moment, even along the jaw line.
* It had the best trimmer of the three, which is very important for me as I need to get close to the chin-beard and my side-burns. Also having foils rather than circular heads makes it much easier to judge how close you are to sideburns and beard/goatee than circular heads.
* It's display tells you how many shaving minutes you have left in the battery - which means you only have to charge it when the battery is nearly dead, which will make the battery last longer. The battery tends to last between 6-7 shaves, depending on how quickly you shave!
* Unlike the Philips, it doesn't require you to have the Nivea Coolskin. The coolskin does help but is an added expense. I found no itching or discomfort from the first time I used the Remington.
* It comes with a travel pouch, although a very basic one. The Braun has no travel pouch and the Philips comes with a nice padded travel pouch.
THINGS THAT AREN'T BRILLIANT:
* I didn't like the swivel head, and in fact found it a pain because the instructions suggest that the foils should always be at right angles to your face, but the swivel head makes that quite difficult. I end up just holding the swivel head firm, which is not quite as comfortable as one might hope but isn't uncomfortable by any means either.
* It doesn't provide the closest of shaves and definitely leaves a very thin shadow. However, it is more than good enough if you need a quick spruce-up before a business meeting.
* This didn't bother me, but might be a deciding factor for you - i don't think you can use it under the shower, unlike the other two that I tried. None of the literature says you can so I am assuming you can't (don't want to try it!!). If you like to shave while under the shower then this probably isn't the one for you.
* I think this is the most expensive of the three - although the Teflon foils did the most effective job at making my face look presentable!
First things first - charge it up! The spec is as follows: 60min cordless shave time based upon a 2 hour full charge with a 5 min quick charge ability. I am forever being let down by items that promise to be rechargeable but quickly fail to cope with more than a few minutes before power is drained. I decided to follow the manual to the letter and give it a full 24 hour initial charge BEFORE so much as a press of the power button. The digital display consists of a bright, clear, battery level indicator. It tells you how long you have left before the 60min cordless shave time is depleted. My display was flashing 60 mins immediately suggesting that the factory ready item was just that - ready. I still persevered with the 24 hour initial charge just to be safe.
Now for the shave:
The design of the head allows the shaver to gently glide around the contours of the face. At first I was concerned that it was not cutting well. The manual states that the shaver should be used daily for several weeks to allow it to get `used to your face'. I think this is true. Within a few minutes my initial concern was removed. It produced such a close shave that, a drag queen would probably be thrilled.
A flip of the thumb and the pull-up cutter can be used on sideburns or longer hair, pre-shave. This worked well, allowing me to create a perfectly straight side-burn.
Having used the shaver for about 7 mins, the digital display showed 53 mins remaining. I'm no maths genius but I think this concludes that this feature works.
Placing the shaver back in it's rechargeable cradle, I almost want to keep it on the mantlepiece. It looks good and performs well. As long as it's charge ability does not lessen too rapidly, and the blades stay sharp for a decent length of time - I consider this a very decent product.
my Dad has always recomended remington shavers and after buying this one i can see why
the shaver it'self looks that part and very easy to use. it's comfortable to hold in your hand and give a smooth shave without ripping your face off.
this shaver has a nice power button and a great power countdown timer ( 60 minutes) so you know how long you have left till it needs recharging( although when the timer was on 0 it was still running as fast as it was on 60)
so what you get for your money is a damn good shaver for a small price
i would recommend it to anyone
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category