Remembering Whitney: A Mother's Story of Life, Loss and the Night the Music Stopped Paperback – 13 Feb 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘Essential reading for anyone who wants the inside angle on one of the greatest musical careers of the 20th Century.’ Daily Mail
About the Author
Cissy Houston is a Grammy-winning soul and gospel singer and mother of the late superstar Whitney Houston. She gained fame as part of the Drinkards gospel quartet and later as part of the vocal group Sweet Inspirations, where she sang with Aretha Franklin and Elvis Presley.
She lives in New Jersey, USA.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think Cissy brought up her daughter in the right way, she was obviously strict and wanted her daughter to grow up a sensible, grounded and well adjusted woman, but this wasn't to be. Whitney chose Bobby Brown.....they came together BECAUSE of drugs, not despite them....Its said that Whitney was doing drugs long before she met Bobby Brown and its important to remember that Whitneys siblings all grew up with drug abuse problems.....I'm not sure this book is a close-up and personal view of Whitneys life despite being her mother.....Cissy was obviously kept at a distance, so her account is vague and not really the way it actually was.....Whitney was blessed with Gods ultimate package, its a pity she never saw this herself....
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good read, enjoyed the pictures , what a waste of a beautiful woman and her fabulous talent, would recommend, needed to know more about Whitney and less about her mom, but all the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by gaynor beattie
i love the book. for me, i love whitney so much and this book gives me more insight towards her life. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Sarah
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Museums & Collections > Whitney Museum of American Art
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Rock & Pop
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles