- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 279 KB
- Print Length: 97 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006QSKP0A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #584,839 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reluctant Protector (Protectors Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I liked the story, I really did. I liked Cassie and Seth, I really did. But believable emotions were relatively scarce in this book. I mean, it pretty much boiled down to, "Oh, you accidentally made me a superhuman...OK, moving on." There was no fear, freakout, anger, really no emotional response at all.
Then there was the 'romance;' if I can call it that. The two of them seemed to have an inexplicable pull towards one another. It felt very much like a standard PNR, 'you're my destined mate' kind of affair, but that's never addressed. Worse yet, it employed the whole 'Oh, I'm having a really erotic dream that I'm somehow mysteriously aware of' trope. When of course, he's awake; of course he's really having real sex, not dream sex. As if that kind of thing EVER happens. It just felt like a cheap plot device to get them past the awkward 'I won't sleep with someone I just met" hurtle.
The sex...it too was OK, though there was a lot of it. There was also a weak attempt to add kink to the sexy bits by "fingering her puckered hole" and blindfolding her, etc. I'll give it props for not being wholly vanilla, but this is supposed to have been a virgin having sex with a man for the first time or two. You'd think one of them would have been a little hesitant and none of that was really necessary in the first place. Honestly, it just didn't feel at all natural.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
I have to say, it started out really well. I got totally caught up in Cassie's character and in her escape at the very beginning. I was fascinated by the powers she possessed and also her inner strength and determination. I was also intrigued by Seth and the budding chemistry building between the two and was hoping they'd eventually get together (after many problems and interruptions, of course). But then the story started losing me and I eventually just stopped reading.
My issues were:
1. Too Much Sex! Good grief, I know I'm old, but give me a break! Page after page after page of the two main characters having sex with each other - and that's just the "first" time. I swear I skipped over entire chapters because it got so old. I'm not against some erotic scenes in my stories, or even some explicit sex, but I don't need to have it described in every excruciating detail for pages on end. It's good that they fell for each other, but it got ridiculous.
2. Yes, it's supposed to be Sci-Fi, but having sex with a girl can turn you into the "Hulk?" I love a good Sci-Fi, but that was too far-fetched for me.
3. The typos and misused words got a little distracting for me. The author should proof-read more carefully.
4. Plot holes. I got lost several times trying to figure out what just happened, but it was never explained. Events seemed to jump around till I finally gave up.
I apologize if you were offended; that's just my honest opinion. All in all, I think the author has a lot of potential. It could have been a great story, but I was disappointed in this effort.
As another reviewer stated, this does remind me of the Christine Feehan books. While only a novella, I think this is a good start to her next series, leaving enough questions to try to find out what happened to the others like herself. It moved fairly quickly, and I found it hard to put down for very long. A lot of novellas either rush details, either in plot or character, but I did not find this problem in this one. I look forward to the rest of the series.