Religion and Political Culture: From the Glorious Revolution to the Decline of Empire Paperback – 21 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'A work of immense scholarship and stunning insights …'. Marianne Elliott, The Times Higher Education Supplement
'… nobody who is interested in the making of the modern Church of England should miss it'. Arnold Hunt, Church Times
'… written in a crisp, incisive prose, and reflects a thorough knowledge of all relevant literature, combined with a judicious assessment of the issues'. Hugh McLeod, Reviews in Religion and Philosophy
'… brings balance and wisdom to a variety of controversial areas … I commend his book enthusiastically in the highest terms'. Linda Colley
'… we find information, illumination and wisdom, often overturning popular received opinion.' Themelois Volume 23:1
David Hempton deals with religious cultures in all parts of the British Isles in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Religion, in its various denominational forms, helped to unite the country and operated as a convenient vehicle for the expression of national and regional distinctiveness. An exercise in comparative history.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Academic History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Church History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History