- Hardcover: 1232 pages
- Publisher: Amana Publications; Revised edition edition (Dec. 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0915957728
- ISBN-13: 978-0915957729
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 4.3 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 350,831 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Reliance of the Traveller: Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law Hardcover – 1 Dec 1997
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Umdat al-Salik (Reliance of the Traveller) has always been a work held in high regard. It deals in particular with the Shaf'i school of jurisprudence (one of the four principle schools) citing the relevant evidences and explaining arguments in detail. It provides any reader with an invaluable resource to dip into and also a comprehensive groundwork if studied.
I was given this edition as a present recently and heartily recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very useful Shafi'i fiqh manual. And a fantastic appendix which discusses contemporary contentious issues.Published 6 months ago by Mr A Khan
Once again, I am using books like to further my knowledge of islam. Europeans need to know.Published 10 months ago by L. S. Robinson
Absolute classic, a must for any real knowledge seeker. Real detail and answers most Fiqh related questions you may have, Use this alongside lessons and you will really start to... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Richard Lee
An excellent and well written book. The translation is well written and accompanied by the original Arabic text, there are translations also of religious rulings regarding... Read morePublished on 9 Jun. 2005 by Gogol