Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Release date from 17 September to May 2011 ??!?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Sep 2010 08:48:33 BDT
What happened to the release date of this game? Is it right? I just pre ordered this game along with move controllers and I was expecting to receive the products at the same time!!
I need the game to use the controllers, otherwise it makes no sense for me to buy the move for now...
Is this a error? Everywhere else the release date is 17 or 19 September, not May 2011!!
Should I cancel my order or do you think this is just a temporary mistake?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2010 10:08:29 BDT
I think it's just a mistake and will be sorted soon enough.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2010 10:14:20 BDT
Milo says:
I'm in the same position as you (2 controllers & this game).
Sony's site still lists the game as a Sept 2010 release, and other retailers are still listing it as a Sept 2010 as well. So I think it's just a temporary glitch.

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 10:41:56 BDT
Ill be cancelling if the release date has changed to May 2011 - seems rather odd!

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 11:04:41 BDT
Rest easy - I've asked this to be checked. 99.9% sure it's an error.

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 11:28:26 BDT
must be a mistake

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 12:49:23 BDT
I hope you're right.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2010 13:15:09 BDT
A. Atkinson says:
I have just been to HMV and they have said it is slated for release on 17th September 2010

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 15:17:49 BDT
Same, I just sent an e-mail to Amazon UK it must be a mistake; I hope I still get my game on the 17th as promised otherwise I'll cancel and buy it in a store so I can use my controllers.

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 16:14:54 BDT
A. Atkinson says:
ok so got this reply from customer services

Dear Mr. Atkinson

Thank you for contacting

Unfortunately, Sony advised us that release of "Sports Champions - Move Compatible (PS3)" was postponed until 09 May 2011. We therefore amended the estimated dispatch and delivery dates to show the most up to date information.

To view the estimated delivery date of your order, please visit Your Account from our home page:

Under "Orders" click the "Your Orders" button, and sign in with your e-mail address and password. You will then be able to view a delivery estimate below the heading "Items Not Yet Dispatched". Simply click on the name of the item below the delivery estimate to view the current availability time.

Thank you for shopping on

Did I solve your problem?

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 17:40:21 BDT
A. Atkinson says:
ok seriously? now its back to 17th September.... MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 18:02:09 BDT
I just got this reply from Amazon..
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting

Please accept our sincere apology for delay in dispatching your order #XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX
On checking the record and confirm that the release date as been changed to the original release date of September 17, 2010.

I would like to confirm that these estimated dates are incorrect.

We build our catalogue on information from many sources and our ordering system automatically estimates dispatch and delivery dates for each item. We need to know of any errors in the ordering system, and customer feedback like yours helps us to continue to improve the service we provide.

We will do everything we can to ensure that your order is shipped and delivered as efficiently as possible.

As soon as we are informed of any changes to this date, we will update the website accordingly.

We will receive this item from our suppliers in time for the release date. If your order contains multiple items and this title is holding up your order, we will dispatch your order at this time. On the date of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thank you for shopping at

Posted on 12 Sep 2010 10:43:27 BDT
Ok, now it says on the item page that it is going to be released at 17 September, good!
But, in my account -> orders it says that it is going to be delivered on May 2011...
I will wait a few more days, but this is annoying...

Posted on 12 Sep 2010 12:41:44 BDT
A. Atkinson says:
Mine changed after a day

Posted on 12 Sep 2010 17:03:44 BDT
Ok, i sent them an email saying:

"I have pre-ordered this game "Sports Champions" and in the item page it says that it will be released on September, 17.
But in my account page, in the orders section, it says that this item will be dispatched in 8 May 2011 - 9 May 2011.
I have pre-ordered more items to be delivered at September, 16 and this the only one "out of his place"
Is this a mistake? Please change it to the correct date, otherwise i will need to cancel my pre-order for this items."

And they answered:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result of the release date of this item "Sports Champions - Move Compatible".

I understand your concern in this regard and in this case, I will need to investigate this issue with the appropriate department further.

I will contact you again by September 19, 2010 with an update regarding the release date of this item "Sports Champions - Move Compatible".

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Did I solve your problem?"

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 12:29:33 BDT
Ok, everything is ok now, the date changed back to normal!

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 02:54:33 BDT
BlueCrayon says:
Amazon lost my custom over this mess.

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 13:10:50 BDT
PSN: ad-sim says:
I pre ordered from play and it been posted today

Posted on 16 Sep 2010 06:18:48 BDT
Mr. PG says:
I ended up cancelling the order and then reordering - it now says 'dispatching soon'.

Posted on 18 Sep 2010 15:52:26 BDT
A. Atkinson says:
got mine on day of release!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  10 Sep 2010
Latest post:  18 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Sports Champions - Move Required (PS3)
Sports Champions - Move Required (PS3) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (123)