Relaxation For Dummies (Book & CD) Paperback – 30 Dec 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Understand the importance of relaxation for your mind and body
- Integrate exercise into your everyday life
- Find opportunities for relaxation at home and in the workplace
Follow the guided meditations on the audio CD to enhance your relaxation experience
Uplift your spirit, relax your body and calm your mind
Don't allow stress to undermine your health, wreck your relationships and hold back your career. Let Relaxation For Dummies show you how to achieve the level of deep, healing relaxation you need in your everyday life in order to survive and thrive in today's stressed-out, hurry-up world. Expert Shamash Alidina introduces you to an array of proven techniques, ranging from simple breathing and muscle relaxation exercises to guided imagery, meditation and yoga and tai chi.
- Get the lowdown on stress - understand stress and its debilitating effects on your body, mind and emotions, and find out why comfort eating and vegging out in front the telly is definitely not the answer
- Slow down and aim high - discover how regularly achieving a state of deep relaxation can boost your well-being and productivity, and learn how to make it a part of your everyday life
- Manage stress-related problems - master an array of relaxation tools for beating anxiety, depression, anger, chronic illness, burnout and more
Open the book and find:
- Top tips for managing stress at home and in the workplace
- Advice on strengthening relationships with family and friends
- Ways to master common fears, such as flying and public speaking
- Guidance for beating hypertension, back pain and digestive problems
- Advice for overcoming insomnia
- How to integrate exercise into your daily routine
- Relaxation solutions for a range of common problems
Audio CD Includes
5 guided relaxation techniques, including progressive muscular relaxation and loving kindness meditation
Step by step advice to help you get the most out of these relaxation techniques
About the Author
Shamash Alidina, MEng MA(Ed), is a professional mindfulness trainer, keynote speaker and stress management consultant. He specialises in mindfulness training and teacher training for therapists, coaches, executives and the general public. He has trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn, Thich Nhat Hanh and Matthieu Ricard, and at Bangor University's Centre for Mindfulness. He has over ten years of experience in teaching mindfulness. He currently runs mindfulness-based courses one-to-one and in groups in London, as well as via distance-learning. He is the author of Mindfulness For Dummies.