- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Race Relations in Britain Since 1945 (Social History in Perspective) Paperback – 19 Oct 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Harry Goulbourne chronicles race related developments in the UK in a unique style that is refreshingly challenging and relevant for students.' - Sir Herman Ouseley, Commission for Racial Equality '[Goulbourne] offers lucid, succinct overviews of the history of immigration, citizenship and race relations legislation, of minority communities' continuing problems in relation to housing, health, employment, education and the legal system, and of the changing stances of the main political parties and other national institutions towards race relations.' - Stephen Howe, Contemporary British History '...presents a concise and readable perspective on the British section of this...' - Shamit Saggar, Times Higher Education Supplement
About the Author
HARRY GOULBOURNE is Professor of Sociology at South Bank University, London.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Post-war Period, 1946-Present
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology