Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.99|
Save £3.50 (35%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Relate Guide To Step Families: Living Successfully with Other People's Children (Relate Guides) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
One of the difficulties of being a step-parent is trying to discuss and resolve step-parenting problems with your partner, without it turning into a battle of loyalties. I was able to use this book to open up discussion with my partner about practical and emotional issues that had remained unresolved for a long time, because it articulated a lot of the problems and emotions I had been experiencing far better than I could, and had the credibility of a rational outside perspective, and case studies that showed I/we weren't alone. Reading it made me feel relieved, better informed about my own feelings and reactions to my step-children and partner, and better able to to deal with the many stresses of step-parenting.
1. It's not that well written, wordy and not well structured
2. It's not always clear who is the audience: the step parent, bilogical parent, or step child
3. The overall tone is pessimistic - it seems that no matter what you do it will cause problems for your children. There seemed to be few encouraging or positive examples of how to do a good job and make "blended" families work. Given that most people these days live in some kind of non-traditional family, we need to know how to make it work, not be put off and made anxious by knowing how easy and seemingly inevitable it is to get it wrong.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Recently got remarried and have now got a ready made family. This book helped me to see the other side of thingsPublished on 9 May 2014 by Isis
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling