Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2014
If you are a civil engineering student and doing reinforced concrete design in university (lets face it, at some point you will be) then this is the book for you! You will find excellent worked examples for beams, columns, slabs and most reinforced concrete elements. I could not have completed (or understood!) some of my coursework with out the help of this book, because Eurocode 2 is just so enormous its hard to know where to begin. I'm now a graduate engineer and my copy lives on my desk at work - I'm still using it! An excellent reference to use in conjunction with EC2. Would highly recommend!
on 4 January 2016
Bought this as a student as i had to, now work as an engineer and it's often "borrowed" from my desk by other blokes in the office. Invaluable in the design of concrete structures and the examples are really good to follow if you're having an off day pretty much a concrete bible.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2013
The most informative and concise guide to RC structures design there is - lots of worked examples with explanations and more. Reading the EC2 alone would not get you were you want - this book helped me to understand some really difficult topics of EC2.
on 15 November 2012
I could not have completed the majority of my coursework without this book and recommend it to anyone studying civil/structural engineering.
on 7 March 2014
i had been thinking to buy this book from long time and finally bought it because its helpful studying concrete. i really need this book for my dissertation and concrete module. you cant find better book than this one i guess. it gives clear understanding of the topic and examples etc.

i strongly recommend this book especially for civil engineers. good luck guys
on 2 September 2013
Very good for general concrete. I'd like to see more qualitative material on sliding and lateral load design for foundations though.
on 7 October 2013
A very good text book to design reinforced concrete structures according to EC2.
The examples used are clear and precise.
on 8 August 2013
I bought this based on the super recommendations, thinking it'd help me lots with my concrete class.

Let me begin by saying that I don't like concrete. I'm studying Civil Engineering but I hate structures; I love hydraulics and all things water related. No I'm not stupid, I'm top of my class since I began at university, I'm going into fourth year now. I just don't like structures, it's so boring and uninspired. That's my opinion, it's how it is to me.

...moving on. I thought this book would help me get through concrete. It did and it didn't. It was good for a few basic design principles, but ultimately it didn't help at all... things were not explained clearly and information was not easy to look up based on the Contents or Index. Concrete design was obviously based heavily on formulae on tables, but it was just so hard to find the relevant ones in here, I ended up having to write up my own booklet to assist me. I KNOW that the information you need is in here, it's just ridiculously hard to find (And yes I did read it cover to cover - I was afraid of concrete).
on 19 January 2014
This book got me through multiple assignments as it helped me to understand things that were not covered in depth in class. Key topics are simply explained and the worked examples are easy to follow.
on 18 August 2013
Very good book. I am finding it very useful. If you are a student and doing civil engineering or you are working in the industry you will need this book a lot. It is absolutely worth buying.