Regional Problems and Policies in Latin America (Advances in Spatial Science) Hardcover – 22 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This contributed volume is the first book in English to offer a current and critical vision of regional problems and policies in the countries of Latin America. The book is in three main parts: a general overview of regional processes and trends in Latin America as a whole; country-level coverage of seven individual countries; and comparative analyses of common major problems such as migration, education, labor, poverty, decentralization, exports and foreign direct investments. Written by renowned academics and experts from the region, the book seeks to provide a better understanding of regional challenges and trends, regional disparities that exist in many Latin American countries and the increasing importance of metropolitan areas.
About the Author
Cuadrado-Roura, Juan R. Professor of Applied Economics and Titular Professor of a Chair ‘J.Monnet, funded by the European Commission, University of Alcala, Madrid. PhD. Economics, Complutense University, Madrid. Founder-Director of the Institute of Economic and Social Analysis. Former President of the ERSA and Director of the journal ‘Investigaciones Regionales’. He has published numerous articles, chapters of books and books, mainly on Economic Policy, European Economy, Regional Growth and Policies, Productivity and the analysis of Service industries.
Aroca, Patricio. Professor at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez in Chile; he is also main researcher of the nucleus of the Millennium Scientific Initiative of the Chilean Ministry of Economics: “Regional Science and Public Policy” and affiliated associated professor at REAL of University of Illinois, USA. He had consulted for World Bank, UNCTAD, IADB, CELADE-ECLAC-UN and several national and regional governments. He is also member of the board of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI), the PRSCO (Pacific Reg.Sc. Council) and president of the RSAmericas (Regional Science Association of the Americas).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Political Economy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Professional Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography > Economic Geography