on 22 July 2012
I read the first book for free, then brought the trilogy including the first book and whilst impressed with the characters and the flow of the story found myself continually amazed at the lack of the heroines ability to master her arts and by book 4 (this one) it began to get a little more cohesive and the story moved quickly, then when you just get to the final battle, half way through a chapter the book just ends................................

I get so incredibly frustrated at an authors stupidity when it comes to pushing the plot to squeeze just one more book out of a story. This new trend in trying to serialize books is damaging the confidence of readers especially when the author just stops the book in the middle of a paragraph and then asks for a review... well, you got one but, I won't buy any more books from this author.
on 29 January 2014
I don't know why the author bothered writing this book and it definitely marks the end of reading these books for me. It is so confusing when you start reading this book there is no sense of time passed and no explanation as to why dragons and demons have invaded the land at all. I enjoyed the first three the author should have left it there and thought of another topic for his next book. Don't waste your time and money
on 27 August 2013
Having patiently worked through the first 3 books, I was really disappointed with Regent.
There was no 'setting the scene', it just ploughs headlong into confusing chaos. No sense of time, no sense of purpose. Just full on dragon/demon/giant attack for reasons totally unknown. A Dragonhold that moves but how it does so is explained randomly or not at all.
Sorry Brian, this was clearly written in a hell of a rush, as was demonstrated by frequent poor grammar.
And also to twice describe the seafood MUSSELS as MUSCLES is just unacceptable!
on 24 February 2013
Fantastic series I read through Kindle, couldn't put them down and finished the lot over less than two weeks. If you want a good read, great characters that you really feel you know and great value for money, then these come highly recommended!
on 28 July 2013
I'd already read the first 3 books of the series and loved them so much I had to buy this second series (its the most ive ever spent on books on amazon kindle (£6 for the 3) :P ). Writing style is good, with cliff hangers at the end of nearly every chapter, leaving u wanting to read on. Would definitely recomend!!
on 17 May 2016
Good.
on 13 July 2013
Fantastic storytelling, highly recommended. Fabulous purchase for my Kindle. Once I started reading this I could not stop. I read the whole series in a week.
on 14 August 2015
on 29 July 2013
The plot keeps twisting your emotions go up and down more times than a pair of prostitutes knickers more and more depth to the characters as well as the development of new ones
Excellent
on 8 November 2012
Another masterpiece when is the next one. Oh it's not been written yet. I must put in an order so that I can get in on publication day.