on 4 March 2017
I ordered this item yesterday as I'm due to run a 10k race tomorrow, but the forecast is for heavy rain. I have prime so this arrived the next day. I didn't want to spend a lot for something I probably won't wear often, but now that it's arrived, I can see me wearing it a lot! It's lightweight, easy to fold up and put back into the small bag it comes with. It fits really well. The length is perfect, just below the waist. The zip does up all the way to my chin and there is Velcro to close it too. The hood fits well and is a good size. I do wish the sleeves had a drawstring as they're a bit open around my wrists, but that's just a small matter! The zip pockets are a good size as I can fit a small 250ml water bottle in it. I haven't worn it outside yet, so can't comment on how waterproof it is, but I get the impression that it's waterproof.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2013
the items came a couple of days a go, and I am over the moon with the rain coats, they are excellent quality, plenty of room to wear a cardigan if it were a bit chilly, they have lovley deep pockets, I ordered two of these. they also seem a very strong material, the hood is detatchable, not only the colours are lovely and it makes them look smart to wear, I also like them as they are so easy to fold up to fit in your bag, and they come with a carry bag matching bag too.which means when you pack them up and put them into their bag, it is keeping them protected, the little carry bag they come in also has a handle which makes it easy to carry. I would definilty reckomend these rain coats as in my opinion they have a 5 star.
on 17 July 2016
Wasn't sure if I wanted an 18 or 20 but went for the 20 in pink. It's a bit roomy but will be OK on cool days when I'm wearing a fleece. It's also a bit bright, but its cheery on a dull, miserable day. It's handy to carry in my backpack and although I've had it about a month, I didn't get it tested against the rain until yesterday. I may now send for an 18
on 30 April 2016
Have not yet tried this in the rain but hope it is as waterproof as other reviewers have said, as planning to take this on an overnight marathon walk! Very lightweight so perfect to carry. It is true to size - plenty of room for extra layers of clothing underneath. Very happy with size and lovely colour.
on 12 February 2014
I spent a lot of time researching for this jacket. I needed a navy waterproof for my daughter to take to school on wet days. It proved surprisingly hard to find one that sounded just right and was a reasonable cost. She's 13, average height and slim and would normally wear a woman's size 10. I bought a size 14 because she had to wear it over a jumper and blazer. This is just the right fit consequently--plenty of room and easy to do up without looking like a tent. It's a lovely material and seems very well made.
A similar jacket here in New Zealand would be well over £200, so this was a really good buy. I'll update this review with how the jacket performs in heavy rain as soon as its tested.
on 26 September 2016
I think I may have paid a bit too much, but am very pleased with the item. The jacket was purchased to replace a pale pink one in the same style, that had simply worn out. Hopefully this one will last just as long.
I saw them on sale in the Regatta outlet store for around £10, but there wasn't a choice of colours, just black or navy.
on 12 June 2017
Packs in a small bag. It is thin but needed something light to carry, which it is. It does keep the wind out and is fine for a shower of rain. Just what I expected and needed, but would want something more substantial for a long trek. Good value.
on 9 July 2016
This is a loose-fitting rain jacket that has proven useful for the wet weather we've been having this year! Size10 fits slightly loose allowing for extra layers to be worn when needed, but the jacket itself is thin and packs away in a tidy duffle bag included. I bought this in Peony which is true to the colour on the screen.
on 30 August 2017
Great women's jacket, but then Regatta products are always value for money.
on 10 May 2016
Had to use it when caught out on holiday in heavy rain shower......excellent product. Hardly takes up any space when packed away, just tucked into the corner of a case.
4 people found this helpful