on 5 June 2017
I probably shouldn't review these until I've worn them in the wet, but I wanted to upload a photo of the sizing, from the packet, so others wouldn't have the same confusion I did! I'm a tall size 12 so I often order men's trousers; in this case I ordered size M and they're perfect. M turns out to be 32-34 waist and approx 32 inside leg.

Others have commented on the quality (and of course I won't know for sure until I've worn them a few times) but they feel really well made. No sign of the dodgy seams others have reported. Fingers crossed they'll stay that way.
review image
94 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2017
These trousers are really very good and excellent value for money.
To all the reviewers who complained that the pocket flaps face the wrong way by sloping forward, and thus letting in water when using a hose or pressure washer. I found this first time so I applied some lateral thinking and put them on the other way round. Voila! The pockets now face backwards and out of the way, thus no water ingress. The Regatta logo is now on my backside instead of the front, but so what? There really is no proper front or back, as there is an elastic waist fitting and no fly opening, You can still get to the pockets of your trousers underneath when put on this way.
Also I found them plenty robust enough and there has been no damage or splitting after many uses. Of course, one should not put them on with shoes or boots on as that is just asking for problems. After all, one does not put one's normal trousers on whilst wearing shoes or boots, and to be able to do this one needs commercial rubberised trousers which are far less comfortable and flexible, and far more expensive.
I consider these trousers ideal and comfortable, and they promise a long life for lots of home and garden use.
17 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2017
These are the business for work. Bought to use with a pressure washer to remove moss and weeds and the trousers did the job protecting my jeans and legs from the fallout. Easy to clean too with a wash under the tap and a spin in the washing machine.... good as new! Great buy for messy jobs.
7 people found this helpful
on 28 July 2017
On the plus side , they are light and waterproof . On the minus side the front pockets face the wrong way round so the slit catches all protrusions and branches you brush by . For a start I thought I had put them on the wrong way round so then made an idiot of myself by putting them on the other way round . They do work better like this but it gets a bit tiring after a while with people keep stopping to tell you that you put your waterproofs on the wrong way round. So, wearing them the right way round results in quickly torn waterproofs, wearing them wrong way round results with teenagers in particular wetting themselves laughing. Be good if sitting at a bus stop but remember to remove before standing up as they are bound to catch something . Might be best to spend a bit more money . I have found Regatta products to be well designed and made but these are definitely the exception to that rule .Actually just been out in rain and they are not that waterproof either ...be good for fancy dress,
3 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2018
Cheap and cheerful. Bought them as over trousers for walking the dogs on the beach rather than for any seriously strenuous activity. They're light, comfy, warm and waterproof so fantastic value for money. They drop a star though for the pockets. They drive me mad. They are not proper pockets, presumably designed to line up with the pockets on your trousers. But they don't. It would be less annoying if there were no pockets at all. But of pockets don't matter to you, then these are a fantastic buy
on 5 October 2017
These trousers have a weird fit. The pockets are too far forward and they always feel as if they're on back to front! (They're not, I'm not that stupid honestly). I've had them for 5 months and they're ripped at the bottoms where they rub against each other. Heading for the bin today! Won't be buying the same ones next time.

To compare: I bought these to replace a no-brand, cheap pair that I'd had for 8 years that had started to leak at the seams. These we're more expensive, poor quality and generally not very good.
on 30 June 2017
I wore these trousers in the rain, on a long walk through 6 foot high grass (Pendulas Sedge), which had been soaked by 20mm of rain, the night before. When I returned home, my under trousers were completely dry and not even damp. I strongly recommend them.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 October 2017
They are fine and cheap as chips. As others have mentioned the pockets (which really is a slit so you can get to your actual pockets) are designed incredibly poorly. They open the wrong way, are not in the right place and if you buy those as emergency bike/bicycle over-pants you'll get wet as the pockets (slits) open when you sit in the saddle.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 16 September 2017
bought xxl thinking id need a bit of extra room cycling, given i have a 36 to 37 waist. this was a mistake on my part.
they are nice and breathable though due to the extra space. they dont have a draw cord in the waist though, the there isnt any strength to the elastic.

where good for cycling in moderate uk rain. havnt tested in heavy rain yet.
on 20 March 2018
I bought this to replace an old Regatta overtrouser. This one has clip buttons at the bottom; the old one had zips and velcro. The old one had pockets. This one has splits angled the wrong way. I have not been out in heavy rain but this seems like a silly design because of the possibility of water getting in. Overall, I would not recommend. While cheap, better to pay a bit more and get something better.
One person found this helpful