on 23 March 2015
This is a good jacket. Although it was bigger than I expected. I should have taken the marketing spiel with a pinch of salt. When it says "allows you to layer up for winter". I should have taken that as "you can wear 4 layers beneath this". Now I'm a 37inch chest, and bought the Medium, because that's what the description says to buy, but it made me look like I was wearing "my dad' clothes".

The problem with this jacket is the hidden hood which you can take out when it rains.. Hmmm.. It's a "waterproof jacket", I would only wear it when it's raining or forecast to rain. Why do you have to hide the hood? Design it with it out and add some padding in it to make it more comfortable.

My only problem with it was the fact that, when it was raining and I wore it I couldn't tighten the drawstring at the front of the hood because the left side was not attached to anything. (Assuming it to be broken). I contacted Amazon and a replacement was sent in quick time. However, the replacement had exactly the same problem... Was it the same jacket? I don't know.. Anyway, Spring is coming, and I had enough of packing and unpacking and taking it to drop off point etc, so I requested a refund. Amazon have been great throughout the entire process. Credit to them.

However, if you buy this jacket, first things first, pull the hood out to have a look to see if the drawstring is attached, otherwise, when it rains, and it's windy, you'll find yourself holding on to your hood,
on 25 March 2016
I was amazed when this jacket was posted through my letter box! The parcel was this small due to being a lightweight jacket, which I expected to have more insulation. For anyone looking for a "pack-a-Mac" jacket to place in a bag it would be perfect.
Main disappointment is that the size didn't fit and was too small. When ordering, totally recommend sizing up one or two sizes, particularly if you wear a fleece or jumper underneath. Quality of item good as you would expect from Regatta and value for money.
on 24 September 2016
The Regatta 'Matthews' Jacket is a decent raincoat, especially from the price - £18 for a medium size when I purchased it. However, Regatta's Hydrafort is waterproof and windproof, but unlike their 'Isotex' range, it isn't breathable, which means you'll sweat (and I certainly do) quite badly in this. Best for short walks and preferably in low humidity. But for the pice you can't really complain.
on 28 November 2013
I have had this jacket for a few weeks now and feel I can give you an honest opinion. It is good quality - a cheap price. It stops the cold draught penetrating your body. It is also rain proof. All in all I must rate this jacket 5 stars.
on 25 November 2015
It is effective, windproof and waterproof. I cycle 5 miles to work in the rain and arrive dry, although anything in the pockets gets wet if it's raining hard. It is very warm, despite feeling quite light and thin. I'm very happy with it. The size is generous/roomy, which I think is right for a coat that's designed to wear over something else.
on 21 March 2014
Although lightweight it is really warm,also waterproof,lots say they are but do not work.I purchased two one for me and one for a farmer friend,although out in all weather's he has never been so warm and dry,high praise Indeed.It e end keeps out the wind,and either hood your neck area is also dry and warm.All in all a great value item,I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.SUPERB.
on 12 April 2015
Have worn this jacket out 4 times, once in the rain & the rain goes straight through, I'm surprised with Regatta, they are normally good, I contacted seller who have washed there hands of, they refuse to give me a refund or replacement, even though this still within guarantee period, don't waste your money on this crap, clothes barn you are crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 20 February 2015
I've just taken a 40 minute walk at a reasonable pace, got home, taken the coat off and found the insides of the sleaves are dripping with sweat. This coat is waterproof - I used it last week and was very happy. I'm less sure now that I would wear it if it wasn't raining or on treks up mountains because it simply is not breathable. Never realised my arms sweated so much.
on 31 October 2015
The jacket is stitched together fine, but the material is not breathable and after 15 minutes you get really hot and sweaty. I no longer ware it, so £30 wasted.
I have this in blue for the same price, much better Dare 2b Men's Encircle Jacket - Sky Diver Blue, XX-Large
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 October 2017
A brilliant high quality material jacket. Fits perfectly and does what its made for. 100% waterproof.