Reform Rule in Czechoslovakia: The Dubcek Era 1968?1969 (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies) Paperback – 13 Oct 2008
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book studies in detail the reform regime of Alexander Dubcek from the assumption of power in the Party by reform-minded communists in January 1968 until Gustav Husik replaced Dubcek as First Secretary. The reform regime survived only eight months of genuine rule but it persisted for a further eight months after the Soviet invasion in an agonizing struggle for survival.
About the Author
GALIA GOLAN is the Jay and Leoni Darwin Professor of Soviet and East European Studies and Chairperson of the Department of Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Political > Political Leaders & Leadership
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > Political History > Politicians
- Books > History > World History > Post-war Period, 1946-Present
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics