Reflex easy Street shopper White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Frame: Hi-tensile town 13" folding frame with a low step over top tube. Fork: Hi-tensile forks.
- Gearset: Shimano 6 speed freewheel with a Microshift rotational gear lever. Chainset: Single chainset with chainring chainguard. Wheels: 20" alloy rims. Tyres: 20" x 1.75" all black tyres.
- Brakeset: Powerful alloy "v" brakes with alloy brake levers. Steering: Chrome riser handlebars with chrome folding stem.
- Seat: Comfort padded saddle with chrome seat post. Additional: Full mudguards. Rear carrier. Kickstand. Folding right hand pedal.
- Colour: White frame and fork. Cycle Condition: Brand new sealed in box. This bike comes 90% built, fitting of pedals, stem/bars, front wheel, front brake cable & seat. Gears & brakes also require some adjustment. Tyres require inflation prior to riding.
Customers Also Shopped For
The Reflex Easy Street is built around a solid high tensile steel folding frame. It features a Shimano 6 speed indexed transmission with intuitive twist shifting. Other features include lightweight alloy rims, folding stem, folding right-hand pedal, full
Top Customer Reviews
However there are a couple of niggles. First of all, there is no latch to keep the bike together when folded, meaning carrying it is precarious due to how heavy it is. A simple velcro strap fixed the problem for me, making it much easier to carry when folded, at the expense of taking a couple more seconds to fold/unfold.
Secondly, it does feel a little bit like a toy. Tightening all of the quick release latches helped a LOT with this (seat, handlebars and middle joint), as it got rid of a lot of the flex that made it feel so cheap and flimsy. After this was done the whole bicycle felt a lot safer and more rigid.
Lastly, I'm not particularly tall (5" 8') but I can't quite adjust the saddle high enough for me before the minimum insertion mark appears. This might be an issue for taller people.
All in all, I'm very impressed with this bicycle, it folds down to a size about 10-20% larger than bicycles much more expensive than this (I manage to keep it under my desk), albeit a fair bit heavier.
---- EDIT ----
Having had this bike for about a month I feel as though the review should be updated. Although fine at first (after adjusting everyting), it quickly degenerates. This is surprising considering it's only had just over a months worth of use (about 180 miles).
The ball bearings in the bottom bracket are of poor quality, making loud cranking noises when cycling, the seat post has become very stiff and the brake lines have frayed to the point where the back one has come off (luckily not while cycling downhill).Read more ›
I did have to adjust the position of the brakes to make it easier for her to reach them (she is ten) but use the included Allen key.
Amazon was willing for full refund if the bike returned, however, it would cost half of the bike if I do repackaging / shipping (time consuming = money). So, this is not a good option for me. They then offered partial refund of 15%. That is considered good for the after-sale service.
---- about the bike ----
- good looking,
- everything works smoothly
- can give 4 stars (for the price)
- not very compact when folded
- handlebar height not adjustable
- some bad plastics for accessories
- front break on right hand (or this is normal in UK? I used to front break on left)
- recommended only if you are willing to carry 16 kg (and not compact folding)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very good folding bike, as described, arrived well packaged and promptly. Been using it for a good while now and happy with purchase.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought it 5 months ago. I waited with the review hoping I will get used to it, but I didin`t. It is heavy, hard to carry, the seat slips down, not comfy to ride. Read morePublished on 4 May 2014 by Laura
-You cannot fold it, three days still trying to fold it
-Seat goes down
-Cracking sounds when cycling
-Chain comes off
-Tires not inflated... Read more
Save your money and buy a better non-folding bike with the same price or a little bit more. Heavy and poorly built.Published on 8 Dec. 2013 by MA
good looking product for a good price which I hope will give us a good service for many years to comePublished on 9 Nov. 2013 by john darrington
Strong build but made the bike very heavy and huge, not recommended to ladies specially if need to carry on stairs.Published on 12 Oct. 2013 by RegularBee
useful folder easy to put together. needs a little more pedal power(good for keeping fit) than a standard wheel bike but does the job. Read morePublished on 25 July 2013 by jt