on 26 February 2012
I bought a twin pack of these for an HP Deskjet 3050A at the same time as I ordered the printer, knowing that the ink they supply with the unit would run out quickly.

The cartridges arrived in reasonable time.

They are well packaged, with the protective strip over the contacts you usually get with new cartridges, as well as a padded clip to cover the sensitive parts. All of this is sealed in an airtight bag, and supplied in a cardboard box...so 100% for packaging.

They were installed without any actual problems, although I did get a few error messages saying "printer cartridge is counterfeit or refilled" or WTTE - no problem, just press OK. This does mean that the ink level estimation stops working (it displays as empty from the start) but it does not affect the printing in any way.

It is sensible to have spare ink cartridges before you need them anyway, so as far as I am concerned this is not a major drawback.

I am not an expert, but the ink quality seems no different to the "official" ink in the original cartridge supplied with the printer.

At the time of writing, new 301XL cartridges are £18 each, and this product is £18 for two, so it represents excellent value for money.

All in all, these are highly recommended.
on 21 April 2012
Because I am fed up with paying out inflated prices for 'official' inkjet cartridges I had bought a cheap HP printer with the idea of using compatible carts. Hey - it works. The only problem is that HP have programmed in intelligent cartridge identification. It doesn't stop you using the carts but won't give ink levels. (Childish!) The standard of the inkjets seems to be just fine and they have lasted quite a long time so far. All in all, not bad!
on 15 July 2014
One cartridge worked the other didn't - so I tried to get replacement and just had a series of emails saying try this, wipe that, clean your printer. Gave up in the end. Went to Argos & bought a new one - it worked first time. Lesson learned. You get what you pay for.
on 21 April 2012
I reckon these are pretty much as good as HP originals, and at the price they've got to be the best option. They arrived within a few days of ordering which was good. I've only used the black one so far, but that's been going for a few weeks now with no problems. With my old printer, I used to refill them with a cheap kit and they worked fine, but you can't refill these; manufacturers are getting clever and make them so you can't refill them without some fancy equipment. If you try, they'll just leak. Specialist shops will do this, but not much cheaper than the price of these, and my local shop won't do the XL ones. I'll be back for more of these as it's the cheapest option around that provides good quality cartridges.
on 14 November 2014
Awful product. I've used refills in the past, some have worked, others not so great but these were terrible. The colour leaked blue ink all over when I opened it and after I put in in the printer it printed out nothing but blue. Even on the test prints the pink and yellow were no where to be seen.
The black accepted fine, but after a few test prints I noticed the terrible quality. There's lines through the page, uneven thickness of printing, smudging, blotching and the pages are totally unusable.

I would not recommend this product, it was a waste of £20 and I've had to order 2 official HP cartridges which I should have done in the first place. Now I'm just hoping it hasn't totally ruined my printer.
review image
on 12 February 2014
Even though these are refilled HP cartridges the printer recognizes this and throws a wobbly by not allowing any ink levels to be monitored. You subsequently have to play guessing games as to how much ink is left. This also means that you have no way of knowing if your cartridges start out full, half full or even quarter full.
on 12 April 2012
i had ordered the wrong items got back in touch by email it was sorted immediately and the items arrived the next day cant fault that thanks very much i have tried the items and they are very good i will buy again and would highly recomend them
on 26 July 2014
This was my first venture into the "refill" market. I regret it. I didn't have the problems that so many others seem to have but the Extra Large colour cartridge has run out after about 20 pages of colour items. The black cartridge which I use ten times more that the colour is still working. I'm going back to the EXPENSIVE genuine HP cartridges.
on 3 April 2014
I've found it not worth saving money with these refills. The black one lasted about 20 pages and the colour makes my printer constantly print alignment pages and often the colours don't come out properly. It's a shame, I fully agree with recycling but it's unfortunate that recycled cartridges don't do the job.
on 24 April 2012
I brought these for the second time as much cheaper than buying new, only issue is the printer shows them as counterfit but all works and the quality is as good as HP's. so go green and re-fill.