Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific Paperback – 1 Oct 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Finally, a comprehensive fish identification guide covering the fish-rich reefs of the Pacific. It contains 2,500 underwater photographs of 2,000 species from four of the best marine life authors/photographers in the business. Their collaboration makes it possible for underwater naturalists to identify fishes from Thailand to Tahiti with a single, compact, easy-to-use, no-nonsense reference. 108 fish families are presented in one of 20 Identification groups based on a family's related visual or behavioural characteristics, such as Large Oval / Colourful or Sand/Burrow Dwellers. Likewise, every effort has been made to group similar appearing species together.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There are lots of useful pictures, with short essential description.
The book is quite complete, but due to the incredible high marine diversity in this area, I found useful to accompany the review of the marine life encountered during the dives with other books, about crustacea, nudibranches, cephalopods or general ones, such as "Divers Guide to Underwater Malaysia Macrolife" from Andrea Ferrari, full of fantastic pictures and UW photograpy tips.
This is the go-to book for all of my dive staff - and hugely popular with our guests too.
Well-laid out with great pictures and accurate information.
If you're going to buy just one book for the Indo-Pacific (and with this one, you don't need a second), this is the book to choose.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can't tell you how many times I have consulted this book after a dive. It is treated like the bible in most dive shops I have been at. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Gerald Allen and his co authors write the best marine identification books available. I now have 6 different books from this series and wouldn't hesitate to get more!Published 12 months ago by A Leeming
This book is co-authored by the author of the Reef Set that discussed corals,fish and creatures in the Caribbean. Read morePublished on 4 Jun. 2014 by G.I.Forbes
The title says it all!! - many fish identified so that I could label my photographs appropriately - really useful bookPublished on 31 Jan. 2014 by Terence Hugh William Crocker
Contains 2000 species and also varieties and juveniles are included. In one word a great book! Recommended to buy for every diver that wants to know what fish was out there.Published on 18 Jan. 2014 by Gerko Akse
I like this book in preference to some fish ID books because of the methodical way its laid out. Given that the chapters are based of physical characteristics of similar groups of... Read morePublished on 25 April 2013 by Paul Jones
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Fish
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Recreational
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Water Sports > Scuba Diving