on 22 October 2014
This book will help you to do exactly what it claims... To rediscover Catholicism. Whether you're a practicing Catholic looking to deepen your faith or are searching and hoping to return to the Church you knew and loved, this book will help. It's not a bombardment of theological phrases or concepts and doesn't seek to expound the doctrines of The Church. The book seeks (and in my opinion achieves) to re awaken within us the joy of being part of Christ's Church and all that she has to offer.
on 18 February 2016
I was very disappointed with this book which had been recommended to me. It should really be called 'How to be a great Catholic like Me!' It is written for white, middle class people - men really - and is shallow and patronising, and also self-promoting, quoting his other books. This is religion as self-help. I don't think he is a bad guy but for the most part Catholicism has not had too many of these high-octane promoters and that is, I think, something to be grateful for. I shall now read Pope Francis on mercy.
on 8 October 2013
This book engaged me from the first page to the very last work.It has reminded of the beauty that is the Catholic Church, the one holy, catholic and apostolic Church. Matthew Kelly has rekindled my faith, provided me with the tools to become the-very-best-version-of-myself. Read this book, share this book and together we can set the world alight!
on 19 September 2012
I purchased Rediscovering the Catholic to read on holiday. What an inspiration!!
It made me look at life and my faith through fresh eyes and it was packed with useful tips on how to make my faith mean something in my everyday life. This book is really easy to read and has helped me to discover true joy and hope in my life.
on 10 April 2016
Given me so much to think about in many ways, many good ways. I'm going to read it again gladly
on 10 December 2013
I do not ever recall ordering this item...maybe I was drunk at the time...no... that could not be it as I do not drink
on 27 July 2014
Excellent read, recaptures the Gift of Faith
on 14 September 2015
good
on 18 December 2012
Rediscover Catholicism is one of the best spiritual books I have ever read. It is down to earth and uncomplicated.It makes sense of why Catholics believe what they do and has some great ideas on how you can actually live your faith. I have bourght this book for my friends who all love it.
All Catholics should definately read this.
on 21 April 2013
Amazing how much we've forgotten of the contribution Catholicism has contributed to human society and civilization including education, medicine, morals and philosophy and many other areas of human endevour.