Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Size: 12 UK|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£89.99+ £4.78 shipping

on 16 September 2015
OH my Lord, where have this company been hiding. Ordered them and delivered in just 3 days. They fit perfectly and i just wish i had found them years ago. Thank you Redback, and please please do not fall into the trap of making them cheaply abroad like so many other companies have. if you're out there looking for the perfect boot, buy Redbacks and you will not be disappointed.
on 16 March 2015
I have spent a lot of the last 5 years wearing "Croc" style footwear and consequently my feet are now slightly wider due to their relaxed fit thus making my existing closed shoe and boot collection somewhat uncomfortable for prolonged wear. I needed a pair of robust boots which would meet the rigours and abuse of country life yet remain comfortable all day and be suitable for activities ranging from shopping to hillwalking. A trawl through the farming forums indicated most peoples' quest for the ultimate work boots seemed to end with the Redback brand.

I have a lot of faith in Aussie bootmaking skills. I bought a pair of R.M. Williams boots there some 30 years ago and they are still my "go to" dress boots today. Available in the UK for a mere £279, I think I will be buried in mine. Redbacks are still 100% Aussie Made unlike their work boot competitor Blundstone. "Blundies" are now assembled in Vietnam and merely finished in Australia to retain their heritage.

Sizes follow the UK sizing scale but it is worth noting these boots are designed to be worn with thick work socks so they are an EE width as standard instead of D. The half sizes give no perceptible increase in overall length but are an EEE fit for width. Given that my feet have spread I still opted for a Size 10 because there is a removable footbed and I am still expecting stretching of the leather upper and curving from the manmade sole through protracted wear. As it happens, with thin socks, the boots are currently a very comfortable snug fit with no movement to cause chaffing.
To obtain maximum breathability, there is no inner lining with this boot so I have noticed the rougher inside of the leather has a tendency to pull your socks down if they themselves are not particularly well fitting or the elastic has weakened.

The uppers are made from 2.5mm+ oil kip leather which means they have a slightly greasy sheen in appearance and will never be encouraged to produce that mirror shine. To maintain water repellancy and appearance a silicone-based treatment is the preferred route. Outdoor footwear specialist, Scarpa, sell their own proprietary treatment called HS12. It far outlasts the water-based Nikwax products and is available through Amazon or Scarpa's own online store to name two sources. The soles are manmade which has the advantage of making the boot lighter. They contain tiny voids to create an Air Cushion in much the same way as Dr Martens "bouncing soles".

I now live in these boots from breakfast to bedtime. Best £75 I have ever spent on my feet!
on 12 February 2014
Always had blundstone boots - Australian like the redbacks, thought they were great, until I purchased the redbacks, wearing wonderful fluffy pillows may not be the headliner you want, but it is true, they are more than comfortable, they fit great, no blisters,couldnt ask for more, need to save up now to get a brown pair.
on 31 August 2014
Looked at all the reviews on Amazon and on the net as I wanted a boot that would be comfortable out of the box.
Why have I not heard of these before?
For 7 hours a day I am walking the streets and these are like walking on air !
On the first day of wearing them, without breaking them in at home I thought that I had better put my old boots in the car incase these Redbacks hurt and so pleased to say that they were not needed.
The quality of the boots are fantastic, normally take a uk 10.5 so ordered an 11 and as Redback recommend worn with thick socks, no polishing or anything before wearing and they do feel as though you have pillows on the bottom of your feet, as comfortable as slippers!
so well constructed I feel certain these will last a long time.
Its very rare for me to write a review but I wish I had known of these a long long time ago.
The finish to the supple thick leather uppers are matte black so if you need a shiny boot these are not for you but….. if you want comfort out of the box, quality uppers and soles i know you will love these, you will never think of getting DMs or any other make again.
Please Redback advertise more as I know you have a winner.
on 17 January 2013
Been used to Doc Martins up till now, but was looking for something lighter and harder wearing. Yes, my experience is that DMs don't wear like they used to. Service from Amazon was as usual brilliant. I like the fore and aft tabs to get the boot on and they are extremely comfortable. One boot size 9 weighs 564gms. Can't tell you about wear as they are still new. I think they look good, and came supplied with a free sachet of Nixwax cream
on 21 December 2014
I bought these a few years ago. I'm a lady with a medium width foot who found these to be a bit wide but they work well with thicker socks. What I also found is that they can be a bit hot and sweaty. I replaced the synthetic insole with a leather one when it's warmer and a sheepskin one when it's colder. Doing this simple thing has made all the difference. Since your feet have so many sweat glands only natural materials should be inside of your shoes, especially when in contact with your soles. I read another review where one person commented that they were smelly after taking them off. I highly recommend that you try what I've mentioned.
on 23 March 2015
Recently purchased a pair of UNPU Redback's - brown - so impressed wanted a second pair and hence my order of the UBBK's. These are excellent boots, little tight to begin with, but they do stretch. Extremely comfortable, real quality!
on 9 June 2016
The reviewers are right. These guys have taken Doc Marten on and beaten them. I have been a long term Doc Chelsea boot fan but these really are better and worth the money. As others have said, they are comfortable straight out of the box, amazingly light and grip like the devil to pretty well every surface from steep exterior terrain to slippery polished floors. Unless you specifically need a safety boot with steel caps and soles - of which there are loads on the market at very reasonable prices - these are great day-to-day wear for working people. I'm a size 11, and bought a size 11 - spot on for me with normal work socks. My thanks to the reviewer who put on note about buying some H512 cream for these matt-leather boots. I ordered some at the same time and it works great.
on 3 June 2014
Great boots. I read the right up and customer reviews. They are very good value and will probably last a few years. I have arthritis in my feet and I will be wearing these for 9 .5 hours a day. So far they have been very comfortable and my feet are less painful. Very supportive around the ankles.
on 26 March 2014
Fantastic boots.... very comfy bouncing sole, really good instep support and excellent leather uppers. Have been wearing Blundstone's for number of years, these are cheaper and better. In comparison with a pair of Doc Martin 'For Life' boots I tried on. Same quality and comfort and nearly half the price.