Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 June 2013
'Red, White & Crue' is a two-disc album that will appeal to two types of buyer: 1. The casual or new fan that is looking for an in-depth overview of Motley Crue's work, as all of their hits and essentials are here. 2. The more established fan who is already familiar with the band and already owns some/all of their studio albums, as the set includes new studio songs ('If I Die Tomorrow' is a standout), previously unreleased recordings and remixes.

In my opinion, Motley Crue are one of the best hard rock bands to rise to prominence in the 1980s, their past body of work, and the tracks included in this fantastic set are testament to this. Vince Neil is a great rock vocalist, and the band's songbook varies from hard-rocking, heavy metal tracks like 'Girls, Girls, Girls', 'Kickstart My Heart', and their rendition of Paul McCartney's 'Helter Skelter', to excellent power ballads like 'You're All I Need'. I admit, the addictive 'Smoking in the Boy's Room' was the one song that got me into what many people consider a bad habit, that's still going strong today. You'll find all of these and so much more on 'Red, White & Crue'.

Here we have what is a essential collection of the band's work, with an accompanying booklet that contains good headshots of the band, a four page write-up by David Wild, and detailed track information.
on 16 June 2005
I've never listened to the Crue before, but heard of there antics a lot. I bought this album and I must say it lives up to what I expected.
This is top quality rock n' roll.
Being a Greatest Hits album, the songs are of top quality, as I suppose they were popular at the time of being written.
Nevertheless I'd recommend this to anyone, especially fans of other sleazy rock n' roll bands like Guns n' Roses and so on...
on 22 August 2009
I have not hear much of Motley other than their adventures with drugs and women. I picked up a copy of their greatest hits in a bargain box. The tracklisting on the album didn't accord with the label or the case. It was in fact this album in disguise.

In saying that, this is very good. I mistook MC as a bunch of drug addled misfits who hit the big time solely on their reputation. This compilation demonstrates that they are not only a talented rock band but can write entertaining songs.

If you'd like to samlple the delights of Motley Crue and what they are capable of then you won't go wrong with this album.
on 11 September 2005
Motley Crue are one of those bands that will always be remembered. With brilliant heavy metal tracks like Girls Girls Girls, it's no wonder. The style, the glam, the sex, the drugs...that's all part of them and they're definatley in league with other classics like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard and Motorhead.
on 7 August 2014
It is a good sample of Crue. As with any greatest hits... you get some you love and a few that could have been left off.
on 30 April 2016
Cheap as chips plays brilliantly
on 3 November 2016
Great album from a great group.
on 9 July 2014
FANTASTIC ALBUM
on 25 July 2005
I heard motley crue some time ago and it was not to bad but vince neil's vocals are going slightly after hearing this, I recomeand this for hard core crue fans only.