Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

on 3 December 2012
I bought these for my 5 year old reluctant reader. She really isn't keen to read anything but the quirky pictures and the play on words used in these books really seems to entertain her. Also the fact that they have so few words to read makes them good for her. Examples off the top of my head that we've enjoyed are
rob a rabbit, rob a baby, rob a pirate, rob a robber (with amusing pictures to go with them)
a story called 'push and pull' which literally just has those three words in it but which has pictures of children pushing and pulling various dinasaurs and monsters.
She also loves the 'stories' which use pluses. Eg. snowman + sun = puddle, car + car = crash etc. I think its mainly because she's been doing addition in school.
They are also quite funny as an adult.
I must say though that I do have to cajoul her into reading them. She'd much rather i read them to her but they are the kind of books that are interesting enough that she will go back to them (although more than anything she just wants to play!)
on 19 January 2012
A great series and very clever in terms of connecting easily with a child. There's a particular type of logic that hits on child-level; reminding an adult sharing it of how a child sees the world. I think they are brilliant books - very simple, very clear.
on 5 December 2015
Fantastic books and very difficult to source. Children love the rhyming of these books.
on 21 January 2013
My son absolutely loved the red nose readers books, hence I bought the full collection with all 16 books, They progress on from one to another. These books are enjoyed by boys and if your boy does not enjoy reading then these definitely are a good start to give them, they are funny and very cleverly wrote. Would certainly recommend them to others.
on 23 May 2013
Great set of books if you buy them for a 2-3 year old. For a 4 year old only 1 or 2 of the blue books are not too babyish. The One Two Flea is by far our favourite and I would just buy this separately if I could change my purchase.
on 30 July 2015
Tiny, flimsy books. Poor content, didn't capture the attention of my kids. Disappointing.
on 20 September 2010
These are wonderful books, great fun to read over and over. They have series of little stories and amusing picture/ word combinations. The illustrations are fab and my four year old loves them. Although he's not yet reading I can see how these will help him to learn. Good value.
on 23 June 2010
This is a delightful set of readers--my kingergarten-age grandson loves them. There are few enough words on every page to hold his interest, and they are full of Allan Ahlberg's wonderfully dry and subdued sense of humor. The illustrations are captivating and original, and the tone of the books is never condescending toward children. I must admit that I enjoy them as much as my grandon does. Bravo!
on 23 September 2011
A wonderful selection of funny, beautiful, educational prose & rhyme in a set of small books. Ideal for reading to and with little ones.