on 28 January 2004
I have trouble reading books all the way through. This one was difficult to put down. True story of normal everyday men and woman placing their bets on an extroardinary God. Pete Greig's recount of the journey of a post modern prayer movement from pre-pre-conception, to preconception, to conception, to birth and infancy is well documented if a bit confusing. I am reading it a second time to get the facts straight. Careful!! This book could give you the incentive you need to risk spending an hour with the Creator of the Universe.
on 15 April 2004
Red Moon Rising is a fantastic book, I was drawn into the adventure from page one and could not put the book down. I am left excited by God and hungry to catch up with what the spirit is doing in this generation.
on 27 January 2004
Check out the UK version - it has 12,000 more words on the foundations of 24-7 prayer
on 29 January 2004
Red Moon Rising documents one of the most exciting adventures we've seen in our times. It features kind of people I never knew existed until a few months ago - people who love God, know God and are committed to living out His visions, no matter what it takes. This book is for anyone who thinks Christians are conventional, boring and behind the times - or anyone who wants to get real with what they believe and allow God to work through them. It blew my mind to get just a taste of the 24/7 prayer movement...suddenly we've got a focus to allow God to really change our hearts, and maybe even change the world.
on 27 January 2004
'Red Moon Rising' is the story of how God is mobilising a global community of people hungry for his presence and hungry to take it to out onto the streets of a hurting world. I managed to get an imported US edition of this book a couple of weeks ago and I've been ploughing through it ever since - not because its slow going but that it is worth taking time over, as the events it recalls are both challenging and inspiring. I've found myself crying at night reading this - longing to see the same sort of movement in my life and shocked by the obedience and faith of those in 24-7 who have stood firm in the face of hardship. The book has a remarkable way of wowing you with stories of God's power and instilling into you the faith to see that this is not about big name heroes living on 'another level' but the story of real people on an adventure that we are all invited to join. 'Red Moon Rising' is not just a report of what has occurred in the lives of those involved in 24-7 prayer but a challenge to dare to get close to a God who wants to use us to bring his life into our dying world, to turn us into people who 'pray as if it all depends on God and live as if it all depends on them...'
on 9 August 2009
If you have felt that your prayerlife is lacking in something, if you want to see how God uses improbable people and situations, if you'd like to be part of a world-wide guerilla movement of prayer, this is the book for you. The author tells it like it is, openly and honestly, and the story of the 24-7 prayer movement is a motivating and inspiring read. Sometimes I felt God was speaking to me directly through this book.
on 31 January 2004
What a good book! More than just the fascinating narrative of 24-7prayer's journey from one small prayer room in Chichester to a global network crossing denominations, unifying young and old with creativity in intercession. This is a challenging, inspiring account with personal stories interspersed with opportunities to "go deeper". Red Moon Rising is a refreshing opportunity to be able to read a Christian book that not only informs and inspires but challenges and motivates. So readable I chose to soak in a bath soaking up the stories. So inspiring I actually wanted to go deeper. Pete Greig's self-effacing style and undoubted talent as a wordsmith is worthy of praise for what I am sure will become a classic!
on 26 January 2004
I have trouble reading books all the way through. This one was difficult to put down. True story of normal everyday men and woman placing their bets on an extroardinary God. Pete Greig's recount of the journey of a post modern prayer movement from pre-pre-conception, to preconception, to conception, to birth and infancy is well documented if a bit confusing. I am reading it a second time to get the facts straight. Careful!! this book could give you the incentive you need to risk spending an hour with the Creator of the Universe.
on 9 July 2004
An exciting and moving insight in to the accidental birth and explosion of the 24-7prayer movement across the world. One of those books to pick up when you want an easy read but you want it to change your life! Would recommend it to anyone - and I reckon you'll read it in under a week!
on 9 June 2009
The power of God powerfully impacted me as I read this and brought me to new levels of prayer and a desparate hunger for more of God. It is the call to a Kingdom generation that no longer denies the power of Godliness. Read it and read it again...