From the Back Cover
Take Your Career to the Next Level with This Practical Guide
If you want to excel as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administrator, start with this definitive guide. Whether you′re just beginning or are already an experienced RHEL admin looking to brush up on such things as setting up web servers, clustering, or DNS and DHCP, this book explores real–world tasks and scenarios you′ll face on the job and shows you step by step how to handle them. It′s also a valuable supplement if you′re preparing for the RHCSA or RHCE certification exams.
- Review the command line, software management, and booting
- Learn routine RHEL system admin tasks such as mounting and unmounting file systems, setting up a print environment, and scheduling jobs with cron
- Manage storage, including partitions, logical and encrypted volumes, and swap space
- Configure networking from the command line and set up IPv6
- Understand and configure SELinux and set up a firewall and cryptographic services
- Set up local file sharing, a LAMP Server, a mail server, and DNS and DHCP
- Learn advanced RHEL techniques, such as configuring virtualization and HA, automating with shell scripting, and optimizing CPU performance
An ideal supplement if you′re preparing for these exams:
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
About the Author
Sander van Vugt is an independent technical trainer, consultant, and author of numerous titles on Linux. He has been using Linux almost since its inception, having first used it in 1992. Sander currently spends much of his time travelling around the world teaching Linux, including Red Hat. He is also a regular contributor to such publications as searchenterpriselinux.com and a frequent speaker at the leading Linux conferences.