Recollections of R.J.S. Stevens: An Organist in Georgian London (Music in Georgian & Victorian society) Hardcover – 15 Jun 2006
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Stevens s writings are a mine of information about the social and musical life of the late eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century London. . . . Nothing came amiss to his pen; anecdotes of Mr. Handel, eyewitness accounts of the first balloons, biographical sketches of persons as different as Lord Thurlow and Poor Bat [Jonathan Battishill]they were all there."Charles Cudworth, "Musical Times ""
About the Author
Mark Argent was educated at Robinson College, Cambridge, where he began his research into the musical life of eighteenth-century London. He has written on the performance of glees and keyboard concerti and published nine performing editions of glees.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Classical Music
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1701-1900
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Instruments > Organ
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Instruments > Piano
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Classical Music > Biographies