- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
[Rec] Genesis [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£3.73 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Spanish horror sequel in which another outbreak of a deadly infectious virus strikes an unsuspecting group of civilians. It is Koldo (Diego Martin) and Clara (Leticia Dolera)'s wedding day. Everything goes well, with the happy couple revelling in their special day, until an elderly guest who had complained of being bitten by a dog earlier in the day keels over and appears to be dead. However, subsequent events reveal that a fate far worse than death has struck the guest when he awakes and savagely bites his wife, triggering a further outbreak of the rabies-like infection among the wedding party. Amidst the chaos that ensues, Clara and Koldo become separated from one another. Can they find each other and make their escape before one of them becomes infected with the horrifying virus spreading like wildfire through the group?
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This departs from the first two films and in reality is a stand alone movie [although it plays a part in REC4]. The same plot techniques are in use, viewed through the lens camera work, quarantined by unknown forces outside, murdered, mutilated and terrorised by ‘infected’ guests, but with no knowledge of what the reasoning is.
The disc opens to five very long trailers and then enters main menu offering play, chapters, set up [Spanish 5.1 or 2.0, English subtitles on/off] and extras [preparing a bloody wedding, out-takes, deleted scenes]. One of the deleted scenes actually explains what happens to one group of survivors –something that’s a bit of a loose end when it comes to REC4.
REC3 has a somewhat slow start [especially with the trailers –lose a *], concentrating on the wedding and guests but it does set a relaxed atmosphere which highlights the panic and mayhem when it strikes. Much of the filming is normal camera work and is more a gore fest zombie affair, as the fast moving ‘inflicted’ now mostly shamble zombie–like as though the previous scripts have been forgotten and is somewhat contradictory [lose a *] However it is fast paced and very gory once the action kicks in and becomes an over the top madcap rom-com as the two try to find one another.Read more ›
- The incredibly long (and boring) lead-up before you even reach the movie title screen seems to take half the movie length
- Removing the hand-held camera footage (which was the whole point of "REC" i.e. RECord) and making it a standard movie was incredibly stupid. They may as well have just called it another title and not used "REC" at all.
- Making the movie into an almost Evil Dead style (and not in a good way) stupid horror/comedy again lost the suspense of the two previous movies.
They couldn't even decide if the zombies/demons should shamble or be running super-zombies so they had them do both for no reason whatsoever!
Congratulations on screwing up the series :(
REC, particularly the original, provided a fresh injection of quality to the zombie horror sub-genre. This film makes a mockery of that, and it's unfortunate that the fans who bought the first two films are the ones who, like myself, are suckered into buying this without really knowing what they're letting themselves in for. I purposefully avoided knowing too much about Rec 3 to avoid spoilers so this has come as a massive shock to me.
If you loved REC and / or REC 2 then JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pmsl , wish zombies were at all weddings it would make them more interesting. .Published 2 months ago by johnmelville
Another ok sequel but why change the formula. This was more comedy than horror. Some of the effects are very good but still didn't feel like a REC film.Published 11 months ago by Mr R P Smith
I enjoy the films I think there all quite good even though its like reading a bookPublished 11 months ago by J Davies
Very different than its two predecessors, Genesis is much more of a companion piece than a direct sequel. Read morePublished 12 months ago by minormajor
Well shot, acting a little above average, plot ruins the whole franchise. What a shame.Published 12 months ago by Harry Lowes