Rebel Rock: The Essential Rockabilly Album Collector's Edition
|Price:||£5.79 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
See all 5 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins
2. Lonesome Train - Johnny Burnette
3. Rocket 88 - Bill Haley and The Saddleman
4. Skinny Jim - Eddie Cochran
5. Be Bop Lula - Gene Vincent
6. One Hand Loose - Charlie Feathers
7. Big River - Johnny Cash
8. Rock Around with Ollie Vee - Buddy Holly
9. Rock n Roll Ruby - Warren Smith
10. Miss Pearl - Jimmy Wages
11. High School Confidential - Jerry Lee Lewis
12. Boppin' High School Baby - Don Willis
13. Bop - A
14. Domino - Roy Orbison
15. Please Give Me Something - Bill Allen
16. Flying Saucers Rock n Roll - Billy Lee Riley
17. Red Hot - Bob Luman
18. Boppin' Bonnie - Eddie Bond
19. Right Behind You Baby - Charlie Rich
20. Rock It - George Jones
21. Jungle Rock - Hank Mizell
22. I Need a Man - Barbara Pittman
23. The Woman I Need - Johnny Horton
24. Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Don Woody
25. Endless Sleep - Jody Reynolds
1. Fujiyama Mama - Wanda Jackson
2. Love Me - The Phantom
3. Hot Rock - Johnny Carroll
4. Hot and Cold - Marvin Rainwater
5. Mona Lisa - Carl Mann
6. Believe What You Say - Ricky Nelson
7. Teenage Boogie - Webb Pierce
8. Sag, Drag And Fall - Sid King & The Five Strings
9. That Ain't Nothin' But Right - Mac Curtis
10. No No Baby - Al Ferrier
11. Ain't Got a Thing - Sonny Burgess
12. Heartbreakin' Mama - Skeets McDonald
13. Stutterin' Papa - Buck Griffin
14. Mr Big Feet - Charlie Bop Trio
15. Leroy - Jack Scott
16. Little Pig - Dale Hawkins
17. Rockin' Rollin Stone - Andy Starr
18. Love Me Baby - Hayden Thompson
19. All the Time - Sleepy LaBeef
20. Rockin' Daddy - Sonny Fisher
21. Come On Little Mama - Ray Harris
22. Ten Cats Down - Miller Sisters
23. Three Alley Cats - Roy Hall and His Jumping Cats
24. Johnny Valentine - Andy Anderson
25. Don't Mess With My - Joe Clay
It came from the South. The most, primal, pounding, good-time-having sound known to man. 'Rockabilly'. Johnny Burnette, Gene Vincent, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and nearly 50 other boppin' cats have all invited you to the rockingest party in town. Just one warning. Don't step on Carl Perkins' shoes.
The very word 'rockabilly' - with its derivation from hillbilly - was originally meant as an insult, but its exponents soon wore the name as a badge of honour. Carl Perkins, King of the Rockabillies himself, called it - 'a country man's song with a black man's rhythm... I just speeded up some of the slow blues licks.' Sun Studios, Memphis, between 1954 and 1958 was the most famous home of this sound; though of course there are other locations, artists and even some earlier manifestations of the style. But Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Charlie Feathers and several other big-hitters all worked under label supremo Sam Phillips. That said, this compilation casts its net wide to bring you rockabilly of the highest pedigree.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
27 June 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
You can't stop rocking when you listen to this album, it's none stop rockabilly!!! Even my neighbour didn't turn his stereo on because he thought the music was amazing!
27 November 2011
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Having grown up listening to all these artists, I can certainly advise anyone interested in the Root of Rock and Roll to buy this, as it contains many of the best singers and players around then, and certainly are better than some of the rubbish that seems to pass for music these days!!!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I really don't agree with the negative impression of this near 2 hour double CD conveyed by a couple of the reviews here.Read more
This album has fifty tracks and the inset booklet opens out into a poster (if you are that way inclined).Read more
sorry but this is just like any other album, that claims to be rock n roll/ rockabilly. Tracks just pick out of thin air and put on. No thought put into it at all.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Pages with related products. See and discover other items: rock albums