on 8 February 2013
My grandson had read this book in school and wanted rude rhino of his own so I bought a soft rhino toy and sewed a pink felt tongue to it and gave it to him at Christmas along with the book. He loves both and we have to read it every night he stays with me before bed.
on 13 February 2016
Very poor!!!! 2 pages ripped!!!! Not minimal wear at all as was stated in discription. Very disappointed!
on 12 June 2015
May have taught my son something he shouldn't b doing...
on 25 July 2012
It was just what i wanted, great value for money. its looks great quality for the price. Would order from this seller again. Got this on the review a friend gave it. My 2 year old daughter loves it.
One person found this helpful
on 19 May 2013
A lovely and very funny book that kids can clarly relate to-they loved me blowing raspberries all the way through. Lovely pictures-get them all!
on 16 July 2013
bought this for my 3 year old nephew who loves anything a little cheeky. Good fun and the little person gets a chance to join in by blowing raspberries!
on 12 March 2015
Not sure why there are positive reviews- read the book waiting to see why he shouldn't be rude and it is because a little girl says boo to him back. Not sure what message this gives- certainly does not make my little one reflect in any way about rudeness and why it might be a bad thing- simply legitimises her showing her bottom to adults- not a good message!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 August 2008
Tony Ross' excellent illustrations give a real lift to this funny story about a rude young rhino who cannot stop blowing raspberries and showing his bottom to all and sundry.

My two year old, who is an excellent raspberry blower in his own right adores this book and trumpets along with the story in between his giggles. It is cast as a morality tale in which the rhino eventually gets his comeuppance, but the lure of raspberry blowing and showing bottoms is probably way stronger than the desire to be well behaved, so if you don't want your child emulating the ruditis rhinoceritis in the book I suggest you find something else to read. if on the other hand, like me, you have given up trying to teach your children etiquette and just want to amuse them hugely I wholeheartedly recommend it.
11 people found this helpful
on 30 April 2008
Quite a zany but slight morality tale of a rhino who was absent from school when they taught social etiquette, but who gets a very gentle come-uppance in the end. The target is 4 to 6 year olds, I'd say, and they will enjoy Tony Ross's characteristically offbeat, large illustrations.

Pretty good, but would a young child be enthused to try the dozen or so other titles by the same team listed inside the book? Maybe.....
One person found this helpful
on 29 October 2009
I bought this book on the back of a delightful book by the same author "Grill Pan Eddy" which I would highly recommend. This book, however, is a damp suib by comparison and whilst it isn't a total loss, it is certainly not one which will get too many outings. Basically the story is dull. Sorry Jeanne.
2 people found this helpful