- Hardcover: 592 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 01 edition (13 April 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130996513
- ISBN-13: 978-0130996510
- Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 3.8 x 23.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 862,382 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Real-time Systems Hardcover – 13 Apr 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Written by a renowned expert, Real-Time Systems provides professionals and students with a comprehensive treatment of real-time computing and communication systems. The book covers the most recent advances in real-time operating systems and communications networks. Thus, this book serves as a vehicle for technology transition within the real-time systems community of systems architects, designers, chief scientists and technologists, and systems analysts. Jane Liu's subject matter and adept treatment provide an engaging learning environment for students as well. With real-time systems, the technologies at play include telecommunication, signal processing, command and control, and digital control. Their applications have particular relevance to day-to-day operations, such as engine and break mechanisms in cars, traffic light operations, flight control and air-traffic control, and heart beat and blood pressure monitoring.
Real-Time Systems is both a valuable reference for professionals and an advanced text for Computer Science and Computer Engineering students.
- Real world real-time applications based on research and practice
- State-of-the-art algorithms and methods for validation
- Methods for end-to-end scheduling and resource management
- More than 100 illustrations to enhance understanding
- Comprehensive treatment of the technology known as RMA (rate-monotonic analysis) methods
About the Author
JANE W. S. LIU received her M.S. and Sc.D. in Electrical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Before joining the University of Illinois, where she currently teaches, Jane worked with industry. She serves on numerous program committees and on symposia and workshops on real-time systems. She is currently a member of ACM and a Fellow of IEEE. Dr. Liu's current research is concerned with the means to provide an open environment to real-time applications.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering