The Real MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-649 Prep Kit: Independent and Complete Self-Paced Solutions Paperback – 4 Jun 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Brien Posey is a freelance technical writer who has received Microsoft's MVP award four times. Over the last 12 years, Brien has published over 4,000 articles and whitepapers, and has written or contributed to over 30 books. In addition to his technical writing, Brien is the cofounder of Relevant Technologies and also serves the IT community through his own Web site.
Prior to becoming a freelance author, Brien served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and healthcare facilities and as a network administrator for the Department of Defense at Fort Knox. He has also worked as a network administrator for some of the nation's largest insurance companies.
Top Customer Reviews
As mentioned before there are no MP3s or other revision help, the CD has a PDF of the book on it and that is it...
I bought this book as it was the only one that covered the subject but I must admit if I was doing it again I would most likely buy the three MS-Press books that cover the three subjects, rather than this.
The book is an upgrade book yet again and again it is clear that sections of this book have been pasted from other more beginner orientated books.
Also more than once in the book were whole sections where the author had forgotten to change 2000 to 2008 after he had pasted a section of text.
Do not get me wrong this is not a bad book, but it is not up to par with the old exam-cram series that I used to use.
The book itself is pretty good, and covers a lot of good stuff for the exam. However it's really obvious that the author gets paid by the number of words, and the book would really benefit from being shortened down by about 200 pages.
Also, I still think it's weird that they are assuming that the reader knows nothing about previous Windows versions, dispite the fact that this is an upgrade exam.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Microsoft
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Networking
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security