In Real Life: Love, Lies & Identity in the Digital Age Paperback – 11 Sep 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book is at once a memoir, a meditation on a truly unique phenomenon of the internet age, and a motivational address for anyone seeking virtual companionship. Schulman cautions his readers against lying on their social media profiles, and argues instead for improving "offline" life. "Embrace who you really are, both online and off" is the message at the heart of his book." "Publishers Weekly""
From the host of MTV's No.1 show Catfish comes the definitive guide to connecting with people authentically in today's digital world.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Nev comes across as very anti-social media, which I get considering the experiences he's had and the fact that his job consists of finding people who use social media to lie to other people, but he's very, very insistent that social media is bad for everyone. I totally disagree. Over and over again I read about how all interactions on social media are shallow, and that if you've never met a person in real life then that connection you think you have? Not real. That person you're close to? The relationship is a farce. Like I said, I wholeheartedly disagree. Since my later teenage years, I've been online. I've had 'real life' friends and 'internet friends'. Some of them I never met, but did I still consider them friends? Of course. I had very real conversations with them, and I still speak to them now, years later, even though we've moved on with our lives and we're not as close anymore. I, like the majority of people who use social media, had a happy balance of time I was online, and time I was offline. I travelled around the UK meeting up with friends I'd met online (safely and in public places) and making some incredible memories. I met so many new people through these 'internet friends'.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great read if you like catfish and habe followed the film and the tv series. Gives a good insight into the psyche of Internet dating and the reasons people catfish.Published 3 months ago by Kimberley-Louise Wardak
Fantastic book! I'm a big fan of Nevs and think his a great role model. This book is so interesting and makes you understand so much more about the online world. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Lauren Cook
very good althought i dont know why you had to send and cherge me for two ????/Published 13 months ago by Lauryn Mc Donnell
Ok if you're a Catfish fan. An interesting read and found out a lot of Nev's background before Catfish fame. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Antoni Fruncillo
Very decent read but did feel like a self help book. Would have liked to have seen more 'Nev' but that may be due to my age... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Mrs H
love the programme catfish so wanted to get the book and i loved itPublished 16 months ago by sarah
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Computers
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Family & Marriage
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies