- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Dan In Real Life
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Directed by Peter Hedges. Starring Juliette Binoche, Brittany Robertson, Dane Cook.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is romantic comedy which is unlike other Carell films but for me stands up brilliantly well in the rom-com category. The film is different from many other rom-com films which for me works in its favour and makes it well worth checking out.
* The humour is funny, not crude.
* The concept of family is portrayed in a very positive light, not negatively.
* The reality of a single parent looking for love is not washed over with some wishy-washy sappy romantic nonsense that ignores how the children feel.
* The characters are sweet, believable and yet quirky
* The story is engaging and endearing
* Both guys and girls should appreciate this one. The guys will laugh and the girls might cry.
This is definitely one of my favourite films of all time. I love the simplicity, the reality and the positiveness of the film. A great movie to watch with the family (there is a shower scene but it's funny and there isn't any visible nudity).
Both Steve Carrell and Juliette Binoche are excellent, but they are surrounded by a stellar cast as well.
At the price here on Amazon, definitely one to be bought. I am sure you will watch it more than once and it will always make you smile - inside and out.
Hope that helps :)
Great soundtrack from Sondre Lerche and great acting. It definitely is feel good and also provides good comedy in the scenario that comes about from falling in love accidentally with someone who turns out to be your brothers girlfriend.
Definitely one that stands up to repeated viewing.
The plot is essentially a widower (Steve Carroll) goes to an annual family gathering and unwittingly ends up in the classic US farce, as typically seen in an episode of Fraiser (whose dad, Marty, is also Steve Carroll's dad, to mix reality and fiction).
I wouldn't regard it as the typical romantic comedy. It will appeal to that crowd, but also to a wider grouping. If you're not a rom com fan but are being pressured to watch one, this is the one to go for.
I would say this film isn't for you if you enjoy your comedy with a lot of slap stick and insults. This is not your typical Anchorman or 40 Year Old Virgin kind of film. The humour is more subtle.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews