Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 8 December 2012
I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It was a nice book just to read, let alone bake with! I am going to bake my first recipe from the book today (The After Eight Chocolate Cake for my husbands birthday!), but just from reading it through, I don't find it daunting in the slightest - unlike some books where you might feel the need to hold your breath, close your eyes and just jump! The photographs are appealing and I love the little stories that start off each recipe. All in all, a great looking book.

I can't wait for your next book, Holly!!
on 18 November 2012
Unsurprisingly this book shows the authors great attention to detail - as we saw on The Great British Bake Off. Clear instructions mean this is suitable for beginners and experienced bakers alike.The photographs are gorgeous and inspire me to try every recipe. I don't know about copyright but imagine printing this and laminating it, buying some key decorative ingredients, (readymade icing or piping bags for example) and giving as a gift. (or buy the bits and write the link on a gift card to inspire).
There is something for everyone in this book, bread, biscuits, cupcakes and after dinner dessert. I have often paid £10 for a recipe book and reckon if I only use 2 or 3, it is good value to me. 13 recipes for 77p? You'd be mad not to buy it.
on 18 November 2012
Great little ebook! Lots of delicious looking recipes that are written in a clear and easy to follow manner, which I will use to impress friends and family, play down as nothing, before fishing for more compliments.

I especially liked the little personalised introductions and the neat tips.

Had a go at the Salted & Sweet Chocolate Fridge Cake today, which was a popular success, and very nice with a cup of coffee.

And I also got to lick the iPad clean as well as the mixing bowl (not sure this is recommended though, and I'm sure Holly would not condone such behaviour).

Nice one, Holly Bell (no relation).
on 18 November 2012
Some fab recipes and a great taster of what you can expect from a full version of Holly's great book
on 18 November 2012
There are some brilliant recipes. The instructions are really easy to follow with great results. My particular favourite is Banana Cupcake with caramel centre.
on 18 November 2012
Really easy to follow, inventive recipes. Love love love the ginger cupcakes... Even made my limited cooking skills look impressive!
on 28 November 2012
What a beautiful book! As well as having original and tasty recipes which are easy to follow, the lovely thread running through the book is the intro to each recipe - what inspired it, and the memories associated with it.
The witty anecdotes and memories create such a warm feeling to the book and really bring it to life.
I found the instructions really detailed, and I liked how nice little additional tips and twists allow you to make the recipes exactly to you (or your family's) preference.

Bring on the print version....it would make such a great coffee table book too!
on 6 December 2012
The recipes in this e-book are both easy to follow and produce lovely food. Even a rank amateur like me was able to produce something that looked not bad (if I do say so myself) and tasted pretty good too. What I especially like about these recipes are the "ring the changes" after each one, Holly's thoughts on how you could add a little twist to each one to stop you getting bored. This e-book is written is a lovely, informal style - almost chatty - so it's a nice little read as well.

I've spent more on books in a jumble sale, so this is DEFINITELY worth the price.
on 19 November 2012
As we all know Holly Bell was robbed and should have been the winner of the GBBO 2011 series for being a consistently great baker. (granted, this is subjective and not a universally shared view, especially from the actual winner!) So it's no surprise that this small-but-perfectly-formed ebook contains lip-smacking recipes with a good mix of sweet and savoury treats. Nicely written, concise yet instructional (not the sparse guidelines of a GBBO technical challenge!) and some nice mini-anecdotes to keep the reader entertained between bakes. Excellent value too.
on 20 November 2012
After religiously watching GBBO since the series first launched, I wasn't surprised to see that 2012 runner-up Holly Bell has turned her baking know-how into easy-to-follow, helpful and delicious recipes. If my family are anything to go by, the banana and gingerbread cupcakes vanished in an afternoon. I'll be working my way through the book to see what else they love. What was more of a surprise and an added bonus is how her stories capture the joy of baking. Made me laugh and think of my own family life moments. A bargain for 77p!