Reading Writing Lakota Language Paperback – 28 Feb 1999
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Every Indian language should have a book like this. "
Journal of Anthropological Research""
"Every Indian language should have a book like this."
--Journal of Anthropological Research
About the Author
Albert White Hat, Sr.is a professor at Sinte Gleska University."
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
EDIT: The Lakota Language Consortium (LLC) materials, especially the New Lakota Dictionary and the Lakota Grammar Handbook, are phenomenal resources fr grammar and vocab.
Learning to read and write I think that a alphabetical dictionary of the words used as appendix in Lakota -> English and English -> Lakota would serve the book. (Although I would prefer Lakota -> German but that poses another difficulty with regard to English -> German)
The word understanding in English i would translate in German into begreifen which stems from grip (greifen). Little children learn by gripping things, putting them into the mouth and so on. But you could translate understand into verstehen which is different from begreifen.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Native Americans
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language > Handwriting
- Books > Reference > Language > Reading Skills
- Books > Reference > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Indigenous Peoples