on 17 March 2014
This book isn't very helpful for those of us who are completely unhandy and unfamiliar with the basics - even a small job like changing the ceiling lamp is made to look very technical and daunting. I've had far better luck getting the sort of detailed info I need from googling. Go for it only if you are a advanced DIYer and looking for perfection or very technical details maybe.
on 10 August 2017
This is a MASSIVE book. So you need plenty of space on your book shelves. Loads of info and it's nicely illustrated. One of those books you can just flick through and read at leisure. Makes an impressive present due to the sheer size of this mighty tome.
on 4 August 2017
Excellent book. Bought to replace my old one from the 70's! Very helpful guides and full of hints.
on 17 November 2014
This was bought as a gift for my son, he is extremely pleased with the contents.
on 29 April 2012
This updated version replaced an old copy of the DIY Manual that was given to me some time ago.

Not much has changed, a couple of updates, but the advice remains good. A good reference, before you start any DIY/house maintenance job.
on 26 January 2013
The book is good value for money but almost every topic somewhere seems to say "seek professional advise" so i kind of think they missed the point, however it has proven really helpful, and I do like this book, however having brought both I would now say you only really need to buy the Collins DIY manual. But thats not to say I not keeping my copy as I will probably use it at some point again if you see where its going three stars good but not the best.
on 18 November 2011
I gave this four stars because the man who wrote it doesn't come round and do the job for you - that's about all it would take for this to be perfect. It tells you how to plan your project and gives you all the skills to see it thru!

I just hope I can generate enough enthusiasm in My Husband to get him from reading to doing!
on 5 October 2012
This manual is of very high quality, and full of information
on so many DIY jobs, I love it and recomend it to my friends.
on 9 September 2014
Quite badly damaged top right corner involving back and front hard covers and therefore dog eared throughout
on 1 November 2012
I bought this book for my husband, he was never a big DIYer around the house, I always done everything......Yes I mean everything decorating, tiling, laying floors/carpets, building walls, etc. Now he has retired he wanted to give some pluming a go, it told him everything he needed to know.....He didn't trust my advise.....and he fitted a radiator and plumbed it in and (suprise suprise!!) it didn't leak. He has since refered to it on numerous occassions and he would now be lost with out it. The book covers all aspects of DIY that the home would need, and as my husband has proved even men can do it !!!