Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Zombie Diaries [2006] [DVD] forum

Read the "REAL NAME" reviews only.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Oct 2007 09:04:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Oct 2007 09:54:56 BDT
Bathory says:
The "REAL NAME" reviews an Amazon are the only ones that are definitely actual people (to get a real name you have to have your credit card registered with Amazon) and not one of the ZD brigade simply making up alias accounts to self-promote the film. Of course for most of these reviews you have to go back to the first half because of all the fake reviews that the ZD mob have flooded the section with recently hopelessly trying to wash away the genuine bad reviews and of course they did get in with their own real name reviews early on (but as we all know there's only a handful of them promoting this movie so no big deal really), but most of the subsequent genuine reviews are poor.

Do yourself a favour and feel free to check this out for yourself, they can whinge all they like about it but the proof is there to see in black and white.

"REAL NAME" genuine review breakdown:

5 stars - 4 reviews
4 stars - 5 reviews
3 stars - 2 reviews
2 stars - 5 reviews
1 star - 22 reviews

That says it all folks. Don't be fooled.

N.B. This was before the filmmakers yet again whinged about not liking the one star reviews & Amazon being in the business of selling DVDs relented & once more removed a lot of them (including my own & other "real name" ones). I have now sat and watched 40-50 one star reviews be removed from this listing over the past week or two & it's a disgrace. The joke is even bigger than I thought. The scam grows and grows. I have no ulterior motive or personal reason to diss this film; it's only the filmmaker's antics that I don't condone. They should've been proud of their achievement and left it alone to sink or swim, not try to influence people into buying it. Watch the film for yourselves and be disappointed as I and countless others have been.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2007 02:56:44 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2007 09:42:04 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 5 Nov 2007 09:45:21 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2007 19:17:51 GMT
John Glen says:
There are certain facts pertaining to the Amazon listing for this movie which are hard to dispute, since they are checkable on the Amazon website itself. First, a large number of 5 star reviews has been placed (34, more than any other score for this movie). Second, the majority of these 5-star reviews are 'debut' reviews; i.e. they are the only review of anything the reviewer has ever submitted. This means that, of all the movies in the world, the only one which these people felt deserving of review was The Zombie Diaries, to which they gave 5 stars. Third, the 'real name' issue raised by C. Piper, above. What, taken together, do these facts imply? As I see it, there are but two possibilities.

The first possibility is that, having seen this film, some people thought it was so brilliant that they immediately had to set up an account with amazon and give it 5 stars - something they had never done before and would never do again. However, they felt uncomfortable using their real names so they used aliases.

The other possibility is that the large number of positive reviews have been planted.

If they have been planted, then that raises questions. Who planted the reviews? Why? Is Amazon aware of the misleading use to which their customer feedback service is being put? Is it even legal?

I would now like to respond to James Squires, above. From your ability to reassure us over the innocence of the filmmakers, I assume that you either are one of them, or that you know them personally. In that case can you explain why, in your 5 star review of the movie, you state that you first heard about it in a shop? Also, can you explain why you have never reviewed any other film on the amazon website?

The bulk of this post will form the basis of a complaint to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2007 21:05:35 GMT
I felt if a small group of people would generate lots of fake reviews, I would, to counter this, contribute my own positive review under my own real name. That is perfectly legal. I, for one, applaud your complaint and hope to see all 'fake' reviews removed.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2007 18:11:03 GMT
IronMonger says:
For the record I gave the film a 1 star review - because it's an insult to film, dvd and the human eyes. However my review has been deleted! Which is a shame, seeing as it was in the minority as being a GENUINE review.

Oh Lord, where is the justice??? I only want to spare others the misery and suffering of watching this terrible film.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2007 20:11:11 GMT
John Glen says:
I complained to Amazon about the systematic abuse of their site for marketing purposes. They are not interested. Instead they gave this explanation for not posting my review:

"...Your review was not posted due to to the following content "I bought it on the strength of the first couple of 5-star reviews which, I am now convinced, were not placed by genuine reviewers". We encourage
all voices to respond openly in our store, both positive and negative. However, we do exert some editorial control over our customer reviews..."

You would think that, in the wake of recent viewer participation scandals, Amazon would be keen to foster a culture of openness and honesty within their business.

I wonder how long it will be before this discussion is terminated and the posts deleted.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2007 21:56:54 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2007 01:30:30 GMT
Pallus says:
After reading this earnest argument, I'm actually starting to wonder if my unfavourable review was really completely fair.

I think maybe I was just getting swept away by all the negativity expressed in other reviews. Perhaps I should watch the film again to make sure.

The problem is, during my first viewing I was compelled to burn my eyes out with a red hot poker.

Ah well, I'll never know for sure.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  22 Oct 2007
Latest post:  2 Dec 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Zombie Diaries [2006] [DVD]
The Zombie Diaries [2006] [DVD] by Russell Jones (DVD - 2007)
2.9 out of 5 stars (150)