Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
1 x Iomega Mini Max 2.0TB 3.5IN FW 800/ USB2, USB Cable, FireWire® 800 Cable, FireWire® 800 to 400 Cable (for 1394b to 1394a conversion), Power Supply, Quick Start Guide, Software via Download, Three year limited warranty with product registration.
Top customer reviews
First let me say I've very happy with the Abyssus, if I was buying again I'd probably choose the deathadder over it but the Abyssus hasn't really disappointed me in any significant way.
As Szymon O. mentions in his review the Abyssus features the 3.5G sensor which is known to have some problems, specifically jitter which is most apparent at the highest DPI setting 3500, though if you avoid using this setting the jitter isn't really noticeable.
The 3.5G sensor also has issues with some surfaces and mouse mats, if you use a surface that the abysuss doesn't like you may experience some of the problems mentioned by Szymon O., but I would like to say this is completely avoidable with the right mat.
Unlike the deathadder the firmware is not upgradable on the abysuss, this is its biggest drawback when compared to the deathadder 3.5G, as the problems with the 3.5G sensor have been resolved on the deathadder with a firmware update.
So in summary, if you use the lower or mid DPI setting and a compatible surface you won't notice any problem with the sensor.
The abyssus has been compared to the salmosa and there are similarities, the are both small mice with no side buttons and the have a very similar shape, however the abysses does have the advantage of not having mouse prediction unlike the salmosa.
• It fits in the hand fairly well however, if you have large hands I recommend you to not buy this as it is smaller than other mice.
•The scroller wheel feels great, and it has a rubber coating that makes it nice and grippy.
• The cable is plastic and rather thin and yet surprisingly I haven't had a single problem with it at all. I don't expect a thick braided cable for such a cheap mouse.
• When I was looking at reviews of this product before I purchased it, I saw people pointing out a "well known Razer issue" about double clicking, I have not once had this issue.
• The sides of the mouse is glossy and if you're using this mouse for a long time then it attracts sweat, and the upper-part of the mouse is matte which can be scratched, but doesn't attract sweat.
• Under the left/right click there is grooves that creates a happy home for dirt and dust, which requires an ear bud or something to clean. These grooves are also located just below the scroll wheel, which is just impossible to clean due to its size.
If you're looking for a cheaper mouse, this product is recommended.
Skip a few months to now and it's a paperweight, it bearly picks up movements properly so I can't even use it, cleaned the whole thing using IPA but it's still useless unfortunately. Razor don't offer any spare parts for it so there's no way to repair or attempt to repair it, and what's more insulting about this problem is this mouse was £32! I bought a cheap no-name £10 mouse over 10 years ago which STILL works fine unlike this razor mouse, it's pretty disheartening and I will never be buying another razor product ever again.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
so far this mouse is amazing and i can see why people like razer now :)
would not reccomend for being so fragile
Look for similar items by category